CAUTION | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

CAUTION

hypnos81

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Limited
Hi everyone, I just purchased a 2017 Explorer Limited with the 301A package. I've noticed that while I'm driving, a verbal warning would from time to time sound with one single word, "CAUTION". There are no lights or beeps associated with this warning. It's just a verbal warning that is spoken in a female voice. I've gone through the manual and I contacted Ford customer support but thus far there's no explanation for this verbal warning.

Moreover, I'm curious to know what the indicators for the front passenger sensing system mean since the manual aside from explaining how ON and OFF works, does not describe what the other two symbols mean. The indicators are on the center stack of the instrument panel.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Regards, I own a Limited 2016 with 301 A package, I have never had the verbal warning of caution. Apart from sensor switch in the center console are the parking assist switch and the front camera

Maybe an angel from above is warning you of Impending doom.

GPS warning you of speed traps?

Hi everyone, I just purchased a 2017 Explorer Limited with the 301A package. I've noticed that while I'm driving, a verbal warning would from time to time sound with one single word, "CAUTION". There are no lights or beeps associated with this warning. It's just a verbal warning that is spoken in a female voice. I've gone through the manual and I contacted Ford customer support but thus far there's no explanation for this verbal warning.

Moreover, I'm curious to know what the indicators for the front passenger sensing system mean since the manual aside from explaining how ON and OFF works, does not describe what the other two symbols mean. The indicators are on the center stack of the instrument panel.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I believe that when you begin a Navigation route that the system give a warning of some kind but I can't recall if "Caution" is part of that. You can always try either a System Reset to see if that might fix the problem or if not, you can try disconnecting the negative battery cable for a few minutes and reconnect to see if that helps. Be aware both come with consequences. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums...-disconnecting-negative-battery-cable.427676/ The other option is to take it to the dealer who might do the same thing.:dunno:
Not sure what exactly you are referring to in regards to the indicators. If they are not the ones Tavin mentioned a picture or description would be helpful.

Peter

Thanks everyone for the advice. I'm still not sure what's causing the utterance of "Caution" I'm leaning towards perhaps this is the navigation system issuing some kind of speed trap warning but again I can't find any official explanation.

You are kidding right? You really think your vehicle is equipped with a built in radar detector or some sixth sense of an impending speed trap by law enforcement? :crazy:

I personally would feel at ease knowing something is looking after my well being:)

You are kidding right? You really think your vehicle is equipped with a built in radar detector or some sith sense of an impending speed trap by law enforcement? :crazy:
Red light cameras.

You people are paranoid

Thanks everyone for the advice. I'm still not sure what's causing the utterance of "Caution" I'm leaning towards perhaps this is the navigation system issuing some kind of speed trap warning but again I can't find any official explanation.

Does it happen to do it at around the same location when your driving? or just randomly?

It's sync 3 so there may be something turned on OR ... do you use Waze or similar app that might be triggering?

Have you tried the suggestions in post #5? What you are getting is not normal. It is a result of something not being right.

Peter

I haven't seen this either (Sync3 , 2017 Sport), but I found a couple threads talking about some sort of Navigation based hazard warning setting. I couldn't find it on mine, was curious enough to check.

Now even though several of us have Sync3, it could also mean you may have a newer or older firmware update. What version do you have installed? I believe there's a setting somewhere you can look it up on. It's possible it's a new setting in a newer version of the software.

There's also an option to do a master reset on your Sync3, which I would try before resetting the battery.

Threads
http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/71187-mk35-focus-speed-camera-alert/
http://www.focusstoc.com/forums/topic/370602-ford-sync-2-speed-cameras/

Sync 3 info:
https://owner.ford.com/how-tos.html?year=2017&model=Explorer&sync=sync3&category=sync

The navigation system says "entering out of area map data use CAUTION" when i'm running around on back roads. I wonder if your system is hanging?

Back