Horn Beeps On Exit | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Horn Beeps On Exit

I get the honking when the driver gets out with the fob, I hate it but I get it.

What is wrong is I can be seated in the car with it running holding the fob in hand when the passenger gets out first and it beeps twice.

Thats simply BS and poor programming.

The Cellular Remote Start kit also has the beeps when starting or locking, so at 0500hrs on a cold morning when your going to work and everyone else is sleeping you have wake everyone with beeps if you want a warm vehicle, or use the fob.

User option to turn it off should be available.
I agree on your take of this issue. I feel the honking is totally unnecessary.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

it really is annoying at at times, very inconsistent on WHEN it decides to honk.

Jason hurry up and figure a fix out for the 2011-15 owners will ya what's takin so long LOL!

I will buy you beer at the next Police Fleet Expo if you get this solved.

Plus you will be this month's "Explorer Forum Hero"

I get the honking when the driver gets out with the fob, I hate it but I get it. What is wrong is I can be seated in the car with it running holding the fob in hand when the passenger gets out first and it beeps twice. Thats simply BS and poor programming. The Cellular Remote Start kit also has the beeps when starting or locking, so at 0500hrs on a cold morning when your going to work and everyone else is sleeping you have wake everyone with beeps if you want a warm vehicle, or use the fob. User option to turn it off should be available.

+1

I have never understood this either. I'm sitting in the driver seat and the horn double honks when a passenger exits! That is not smart--but very annoying! I'm in the car!!!!!!

My Tahoe does this--but not when a passenger exits. And the beeps are not full-on, but subdued. It is simply bad programming on Ford's part.

Bumping to praise Jason. Just got file loaded and my 2016 Platinum is no longer honking on key exit. Thanks so much!

Edit: Jason, does this disable the double horn honk if I installed the remote start option (for cell phone) and start the car?

OK, I have been searching and looking around the forums along with reading the manual but I can't find what I would like to do.

I have a 2016 Explorer XLT with the Intelligent Access Key and what I would like to be able to do is to get out of the vehicle while it is running without it honking the horn at me. I thought that I had read in a thread about doing this but for the life of me I can't find it again and the manual doesn't address it either from what I have read.

So is there a way of disabling the 2 horn honks when I get out of the vehicle while it is running and move a little ways away or do I just have to live with it?

Thanks for any help pointing me in the right direction

Your thread has been merged with this one. Check out the posts beginning on page 7. You will have to contact Jason (jmr061). He has a link posted to his site in one of his replies. Good luck.

Peter

Thanks that is what I was looking for but not the results that I wanted if you know what I mean. I was hoping it was something that I could do by just hitting buttons but it looks like it is a total programing issue.

Perhaps when my Explorer hits the dealer I'll talk to them about it.

Thanks that is what I was looking for but not the results that I wanted if you know what I mean. I was hoping it was something that I could do by just hitting buttons but it looks like it is a total programing issue.

Perhaps when my Explorer hits the dealer I'll talk to them about it.
I am sure the dealer won't know or do anything. I believe some of our members attempted to disable it using IDS and Forscan without any luck. There is no way to turn off this annoying feature using anything that comes with the Explorer.

Correct. I tried to lock the door (with the Exp. running) using the inside lock button... wouldn't lock.

With the Exp still running... closed the door, used black button on the door handle to lock it. It locked, engine running. Walked away, no chirp.
My Explorer did not have this problem until the battery went dead now the horn beeps when ever exiting the vehicle and any door is opened and closed.

My Explorer did not have this problem until the battery went dead now the horn beeps when ever exiting the vehicle and any door is opened and closed.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Are you talking about this happening with the vehicle running? The double horn beep was introduced on the 2013 models so that if you walked away from a running vehicle with the fob in your pocket, the horn would beep twice when you closed the door. That is normal. Very annoying but normal. BTW, it should not happen when a door is opened. I don't believe it has been mentioned before that the rear doors trigger this.
You may be interested in this thread; http://www.explorerforum.com/forums...uble-honk-disable-enable-with-forscan.449385/

Peter

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Are you talking about this happening with the vehicle running? The double horn beep was introduced on the 2013 models so that if you walked away from a running vehicle with the fob in your pocket, the horn would beep twice when you closed the door. That is normal. Very annoying but normal. BTW, it should not happen when a door is opened. I don't believe it has been mentioned before that the rear doors trigger this.
You may be interested in this thread; http://www.explorerforum.com/forums...uble-honk-disable-enable-with-forscan.449385/

Peter
Yes when the car is running I could exit the vehicle with the FOB in my pocket and the horn would not sound but after the battery going dead it now beeps on every door that's closed even the lift gate.

THE REASON FOR THIS FEATURE IS FOR SAFETY REASON.. THE STORY STARTS WITH A PERSON LEFT ITS CAR ON WHEN HE WENT INTO HIS GARAGE AND THE HOUSE GOT FULL OF CARBON MONOXIDE THANKS THAT THEY HAD DETECTORS THEIR LIFE WAS SAVED. SO THIS FEATURE WAS PUT INTO PLACE TO REMIND DRIVER THAT THE CAR IS ON. THIS CAME INTO EFFECT ON THE MY 2014 FOWARD. YOU CAN HAVE IT DISABLED BUT WHO KNOWS IF THERE IS ANY LIABILITY IS SOMETHING HAPPEN TO SOME ONE YOU MIGHT SELL CAR OR LEND THEM THE CAR...LAWYERS FIND WAYS TO SUE.

Yes when the car is running I could exit the vehicle with the FOB in my pocket and the horn would not sound but after the battery going dead it now beeps on every door that's closed even the lift gate.
I've had it happen as well with the liftgate so I guess the rear doors would cause it as well. Like I said it's annoying but normal. Not sure why it didn't work before. I'm guessing the battery change reset the system. Your transmission will also have to go through its 'relearning' phase.

Peter

I live in the Arctic so no dealer and all vehicles are brought up once a year on sealift. So looks like there is no way for me to disable this annoyance. Thanks Jason for solving this problem, but wish it didn't require reprogramming with the dealer.

I live in the Arctic so no dealer and all vehicles are brought up once a year on sealift. So looks like there is no way for me to disable this annoyance. Thanks Jason for solving this problem, but wish it didn't require reprogramming with the dealer.
I solved the problem when stopping at the community mailbox and leave the Explorer running. I just don't fully close the door. The other option is to leave the key in the vehicle before closing the door.

Peter

I solved the problem when stopping at the community mailbox and leave the Explorer running. I just don't fully close the door. The other option is to leave the key in the vehicle before closing the door.

Peter
I thought about leaving key fob in. But my Ex came with the wrong door code and didn't see a code under the driver side firewall. Maybe hidden somewhere else in the 17's?

I thought about leaving key fob in. But my Ex came with the wrong door code and didn't see a code under the driver side firewall. Maybe hidden somewhere else in the 17's?
I believe the door code can be pulled using Forscan. Any chance anyone up there has that? If you bought it new then then it really should be up to Ford to correct the issue. I realize the situation you find yourself in being where you are.

Peter

I believe the door code can be pulled using Forscan. Any chance anyone up there has that? If you bought it new then then it really should be up to Ford to correct the issue. I realize the situation you find yourself in being where you are.

Peter

Thanks. Just did a search on utube and looks like it might be on the back of a fuse box under the steering wheel on the sidewall. A 10mm socket wrench,flashlight and mirror looks to be needed to read it. Sticker is on backside of fuse box.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This may or many not work depending how your vehicle is equipped.

Back