2020 Explorer | Page 20 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Explorer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Excellent!

TB

I am just really excited about this new model. Nothing really comes close to the power, options more interior space, better interior design. 400hp in ST beats Range Rover Sport. Be careful when shopping. There are 2 blue colors. I am really into the darker blue one on ST. Do we know what is really the difference between Street Pack and a Track Pack? And what is that new Ford ST club that you can join into to get all the latest benefits and things, maybe add more tunes if you are an ST club member. If anyone knows the color of this ST, please let me know. I don't wont to order the wrong color by mistake.

I am just really excited about this new model. Nothing really comes close to the power, options more interior space, better interior design. 400hp in ST beats Range Rover Sport. Be careful when shopping. There are 2 blue colors. I am really into the darker blue one on ST. Do we know what is really the difference between Street Pack and a Track Pack? And what is that new Ford ST club that you can join into to get all the latest benefits and things, maybe add more tunes if you are an ST club member. If anyone knows the color of this ST, please let me know. I don't wont to order the wrong color by mistake.

According to this page with info on the 2020 on ford.com there are two blue colors, "Atlas Blue" which is the more standard blue, and then "Blue" (great color name Ford) that is the darker gray/blue.

All I can find on street vs track is:

"Each of those packs get 21-inch aluminum wheels, with differing sizes of performance brakes and larger vented rotors. The brake calipers are painted red, with stainless steel pistons. Meanwhile the brake pads are larger, too." (source).

According to this page with info on the 2020 on ford.com there are two blue colors, "Atlas Blue" which is the more standard blue, and then "Blue" (great color name Ford) that is the darker gray/blue.

All I can find on street vs track is:

"Each of those packs get 21-inch aluminum wheels, with differing sizes of performance brakes and larger vented rotors. The brake calipers are painted red, with stainless steel pistons. Meanwhile the brake pads are larger, too." (source).

It looks like The Atlas Blue is the darker blue skin. see the link The All-New 2020 Ford Explorer SUV | Redesigned Inside and Out | Ford.com

The "Atlas Blue" seems to be what I call a truer blue like the one in the above video. The "Blue" hardly looks like blue to me. BTW, Atlas Blue is not available on the Platinum.

Peter

I agree with you Peter. Seems like the ST model will be getting a lot of special treatment. Finally people will stop worrying about changing their tires once they buy the vehicle. Finally the ST model will come with good quality tires.

The ST AWD wagons are basically just the new version of a sport wagon only they get published tow ratings. I thought Americans didn’t buy wagonso_O

Yanking your chain guys.

I find it interesting how Ford is doing performance packages on a heavy tall wagon. I get the interest in the power and braking equipment but the Track package? If your looking at that why not just get a Mustang?

I get the interest in the power and braking equipment but the Track package? If your looking at that why not just get a Mustang?

Well some may just want the best possible brakes they can get. When I bought my mustang I got one with the performance pack just for the huge 15" six piston brembo brakes. And I don't track my car it's just a cruiser. It's nice to know you have the brakes to keep you out of trouble if some schmuck stops short in front of you.

I'm working away at my Ford contacts to determine EXACTLY what you get with the dealer installed Track Pack.

Both packs get 21" black wheels and painted calipers.

So far I have been told the upgraded brakes are a bundle of physically bigger pads, rotors, and calipers because you can't just change one. Physically bigger pads need a bigger caliper and bigger rotor. Apparently, that rotor will be drilled. Don't have information on pad composition yet. The dealer will get the parts because they don't want the added production line complexity. This scares me a little because dealers will likely lack sufficient training to do this right.

There may also be under-marketed (poor word choice I know) upgrades, I'm being told larger stainless brake lines, larger brake fluid capacity reservoir.

Nothing confirmed at this point but when I have facts confirmed I will update.

Well some may just want the best possible brakes they can get. When I bought my mustang I got one with the performance pack just for the huge 15" six piston brembo brakes. And I don't track my car it's just a cruiser. It's nice to know you have the brakes to keep you out of trouble if some schmuck stops short in front of you.

Yep. This Truck is going to be awesome. Who ever calls it a "wagon" is not appropriate and is a schmuck.

Yep. This Truck is going to be awesome. Who ever calls it a "wagon" is not appropriate and is a schmuck.
:chug:
I might need to be more environmentally sensitive and go with the plugin Lincoln. 450hp 600ftlb seems more umm city slicker friendly :burnout:

If you put a pedal to a metal then this 400hp, 410TQ ST truck will feel sporty and that is why we will need performance brakes and tuned suspension and wider wheel base for better handling. This is not a wagon lol.

Will there be an option for the plastic trim to be painted. I hate the plastic around the wheels and along the bumpers. It is the main reason I know own a expedition and not an explorer. Just want to know if it is an option or if there are aftermarket trim pieces available.

I really don’t understand why the trend started years ago

Will there be an option for the plastic trim to be painted. I hate the plastic around the wheels and along the bumpers. It is the main reason I know own a expedition and not an explorer. Just want to know if it is an option or if there are aftermarket trim pieces available.

I really don’t understand why the trend started years ago

Never been an option, never will. You will have to have them painted yourself.

..........I really don’t understand why the trend started years ago
I can only guess that the black 'plastic' trim is less susceptible to damage from road debris etc. and thus not likely to begin rusting as quickly as if was all metal. As Sgt1411 mentioned, you can always have it painted to match the body colour. My XSport is getting some new paint,

Peter

Any idea what it costs to paint items that should be painted from the beginning?

Instead of that Step metal, Ford should have added an air suspension as an option for the ST model. Ride low in regular street driving conditions and then if you go hiking, you can raise the clearance by like 5 inches just like the new X5.

Instead of that Step metal, Ford should have added an air suspension as an option for the ST model. Ride low in regular street driving conditions and then if you go hiking, you can raise the clearance by like 5 inches just like the new X5.
They did its called Aviator.
You only lease air suspension SUVs unless your a 1% type

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any idea what it costs to paint items that should be painted from the beginning?
That they should have been painted in the first place is clearly not the feeling of the majority since there is little discussion about it. I suggest that you contact the member that started the link I posted or speak with a local body shop.

Peter

Back