Greetings from thefrozen north ! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Greetings from thefrozen north !

Allwheelf100

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer E B
Hello all. As my name implies, i am going to be using he entire drivetrain from a 1998 Explorer EB as the donor for a 59 F100 project i am undertaking. i settled on the Explorer platform as i am a Ford fan from way back (hence the 59) and want to keep everything brand similar. The fact that the wheelbases are close enough between the 2 to minimize the amount of work needed to mate the two was in no small part an influence, but in addition to that, being in Canada, i think it would be fun to be able to use my projects year round. AWD and a set of winter tires, and away we go. I am also a big fan of the 5.0 engine, as i have done a Fox body Mustang that was a lot of fun with some minor engine upgrades. I hope the 5.0 in the Explorer can come close without to much trouble. Anyways, i will be keeping an eye on the tech sub forums, as i am sure there are going to be issues with a 290,000 km EB that will need resolution.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Very cool. Welcome to the site. The 5.0 AWD is GREAT in the snow.

Unless you've got partially worn michelins. I've always found that Michelin tires are great for the first year or two, then become exceptionally bad. I'm running hankooks now that seem to be decent for longer.

Thanks for the welcome ! It is going to be a while before i get started on this project. I need to find some body parts for the 59 before i start hacking it all apart. I am going to fix the water pump and leaking timing chain cover on the Explorer and drive it a bit to see if there is anything else that needs fixing before i take it apart.

Don't upset the Canucks,, We can appear at the strangest times, :p

I'm closer than most living in the Vancouver area.

I like the game, but I got tired of the fighting. That part of the game doesn't interest me at all

Can't wait to see some pictures

Welcome to the forum. That sounds like an interesting build.

Back