2003...The Goat returns

Goober

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Lexington, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91XLT4x4
I still remember those days of yesteryear, listening to the raw horsepower of my mom's 69 goat. The sound it made as the hurst 4-speed was engaging the tranny, the tires chirpping ever so slightly as she pulls away from the stop signs...........

And now in late 2003... the return..

pn_gto_photo.jpg

With a 5.7l motor and 6-speed tranny with 300 horsepower at its command and..get this.. rear wheel drive !!! . Ok, so it may not look exotic or ultra-flashy, but I think Pontiac has done well here. ( I'll try to overlook the Aztec-Vibe.. uhh.. thing)

For more info:
http://www.pontiac.com/pontiacjsp/passion/news/main.jsp

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

And it's from Oz, to boot. :cool:

This is one car I would like to own...Can't wait to test drive it.;)

Sounds promising.. iv been thinking about buying a car as a DD but dont like any that our out right now.

You know, with rear wheel drive,and 300 hp, those could end up in police department use.....:)

My wife will love it. Geeeee, she is the mother of my 2 boys. I wonder when she will stop liking low, fast cars and will start setteling for a soccermobil ;) :p :D

Is that the best they could do? Just looks like some changes made to a Grand Am to me.

It does look a lot like the grand am/prix... my friend has one of those though and I think its pretty nice, I dont ming the goat looking like it.

the main reason you guys think it looks like the grand am/prix is cus of the front gril, picture it with a different grill and it looks alot different acually

Um, yeah...it's not a Grand Am/Grand Prix...it's a rebadged Holden Monaro.

monaro.jpg

2002.03.28_Holden_Monaro_re.jpg

Jeebus, they put a double kidney grill on it and all of the sudden everyone thinks it's a FWD, I4 car? :rolleyes:

EDIT: Fixed Picture

That GTO is going to be badass. But i dont know of the quality of those 5.7L LT1 engines. i hear they are crap...so we'll hafta see.

Around the same price as a 2003 Cobra SVT, I'll take the 390hp ride.

An Original Goat, I might look at it.

Jay

Thats supposed to be a GTO? Its a nice looking car and its cool that is RWD but it doesnt look like a GTO to me.

Originally posted by FlyAU
Um, yeah...it's not a Grand Am/Grand Prix...it's a rebadged Holden Monaro.

Yeah...I hate that, just doesn't seem like a true sports car to be rebadged liked that and called something else overseas. I don't think they've ever done that to camaros or mustangs...seems pretty cheap in my opinion.

Originally posted by FORDisKING
Around the same price as a 2003 Cobra SVT, I'll take the 390hp ride.

Where did you find the price for the GTO? All I've been able to find is a few photos.

Originally posted by espnfreak
That GTO is going to be badass. But i dont know of the quality of those 5.7L LT1 engines. i hear they are crap...so we'll hafta see.
I have a friend (belive it or not) :rolleyes: that had the LT1 in a Pontiac Formula, and that thing was BAD ASS!! that thing would rip your head off your shoulders if you wern't carefull.
Anyway great motor, hard as hell to chang the plugs. and with just a few (already available) mods it can be a real street contender.

Don't get me wrong I'm a die hard FORD fan but i like all cars and that thing could be one hell of a sleeper. ;)

Back