JVC KD-SH707 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

JVC KD-SH707

Dont the 707 and 909 have RCA inputs on the back? I think i read somewhere about that. If they do, then you could use that to hook your laptop in (which I plan on doing) for some cleaner sound.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by VairKing
Dont the 707 and 909 have RCA inputs on the back?
Not on my 707.

Oh I just checked, the 909 does have a set of RCA inputs on the back, So I will probably have to come up with a way to hook up my laptop so I can have all 7 gigs of my mp3s on the road :D

radio shack sells converters for 5 bucks...

btw: thank you 98FordX24 because you introduced me to this wonderful stereo, I have now made plans to take back my FM Modulator and have my dad pick me up a KD-SH77 by monday, so thank you man...

Originally posted by AMerrBauer
radio shack sells converters for 5 bucks...

btw: thank you 98FordX24 because you introduced me to this wonderful stereo, I have now made plans to take back my FM Modulator and have my dad pick me up a KD-SH77 by monday, so thank you man...
You won't be disappointed.

ive got it now and im installing it on columbus day...thanks again man, this thing will be awesome...

I just installed mine last week. It looks and sounds great. It is a little weak on the bass though, so I have to get on with building a sub enclosure for the rear storage compartment.

Originally posted by todd_c
It is a little weak on the bass though...
Yes, it is.

Mine is in and i love it for now...im just tryin to think of ways to keep it from getting stolen here in jersey and more importantly at college next year...

mine has a detachable face.

I just installed my 909 last week. I really like it. I wish it were black instead of silver tho, because the silver matches nothing in my interior. The 909 has RCA inputs on the back, which I hooked up to my laptop, and the sound thru those is pretty darn good. I havnt tried the front port yet. The MP3 playback is pretty good, fairly quick between directories. I still dont have the 7 band EQ how i want it, but will eventually. I cant say much for bass, cause I have a sub, but the built in crossover and sub gain control are cool. The one thing I dont like is how much time it takes to eject a disk, with the face folding down and stuff. And I might paint the silver part that stays when you take off the faceplate black because I dont like the silver ring look when there is no faceplate, cause that could tell a theif that there is a high end deck in there. I dont know of many cheap silver ones. Over all I like the deck and recomend it to anyone!

do these units put out more power rms than a stock hu on a 98 with premium sound? they seem underpowered compared to some alpine and pioneer units.

i had the sh-99 and it got stolen then i bought this one the 707 about 3 months ago and i love it only thing that sucks is the flip taking forever but i love the angle feature and i love how it has mp3 input and the AUX for my laptop sounds GREAT give her a 10!!

The color is one of the reasons I got the 707. It matches the silver trim in the Sport Trac.

Originally posted by Skruba
...i love how it has mp3 input and the AUX for my laptop sounds GREAT...
Are there rear aux inputs or are you talking about the front input?

AUX

Ahhhh.... so is that the front input or are you talking about rear inputs?

rear inputs get a Adpter @ like radio shack, best buy, circuit city.....you know

Originally posted by Skruba
rear inputs get a Adpter @ like radio shack, best buy, circuit city.....you know
No, I dont know. Are you talking about an FM modulator?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

just something that brings the 2 plug that goes in the AUX down to a one plug that will plug into ur laptop the line out or speaker out ether or will work u will have to tune ur laptop and ur 707 to sound right togheter to sound right

But ne way my unit is for sale getting a indash DVd so if any you guys want it i'm in the michigan area lemme know

skruba

Back