Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Possible tranny problem

I sure wish they built these like they did on my 88 Ford 1/2 ton. It's now got 395,000kms on it, has had the motor rebuilt once and is due for another now but the tranny has always held strong. It's been a work truck all it's life on the farm and has pulled camper trailers (19' & 16') several...
  2. C

Possible tranny problem

Great!...Well, I guess after this long with no real abnormal problems to speak of, it's been a good truck. Even though it's in mint condition, other than the tranny, dash lights, windshield, seat recline leaver, tires, ok..better change that to good condition, it looks as though I couldn't fetch...
  3. C

Possible tranny problem

I certainly don't want to hijack anyone's thread, however, my 97 XLT has had a slipping issue for a few years now. When I take off slow and keep a slow gradual speed increase (granny style) it will slip going from 1st into 2nd. Sometimes, if I don't let off it will just continue to slip, but...
  4. C

Help! Poor mileage '97 Sport

My 97 4.0L SOHC gets about 200kms per tank!!!...I have had it about 6 yrs now and it's always done real poor. But as stated, its a heavy SUV so I never have complained. I would; however, enjoy some extra economy if possible. I also have had the check engine light come on periodically and then go...
  5. C

All you need to know about keyless entry

Just wondering if you resolved this issue? I have the same problem with mine. Thanks, Keith
  6. C

Indiglo gauges install, or HOW TO REMOVE CLUSTER!! ( warning 22 pictures )

Real cool! So I to was looking for instruction on how to replace a bulb behind my cluster and walla!...Now, I'm lovin the indiglo gauges. Any chance I might find them anywhere? I've done some searching and found similar, but this set in bigtigexplorer's post is what I would like...Kms and all...
Back