Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Central Valve Bodies vs 800700tran.com

FOR THOSE THAT DON'T FEEL LIKE READING *P0734, P0735 and P0741 codes were being thrown *Replaced the VB gaskets and still the same *Got a rebuilt VB from Central Valve Bodies(Go there, you won't be sorry) *Seemed at first like everything was fine but eventually flashing OD light with P0734...
  2. E

5R55E - Stairway to a Diary (Companion Thread to the 5R55E Valve Body Rebuild Diary)

Not a problem man, glad I could help. I can't take credit for the picture though. Other people have posted it before. Hopefully you can get the bolts sorted out!
  3. E

5R55E - Stairway to a Diary (Companion Thread to the 5R55E Valve Body Rebuild Diary)

Joeschwartz, here is a diagram of the bolt lengths. If this doesn't do you any good you can go to google and type "5r55e bolt placement" and there are quite a few pictures out there. I keep this one on my computer AND the one that Spuddy posted for reference.
  4. E

I'll do a search later on when I have more time but off the top of your head do you have any idea if there are threads telling how to do that? Like I said, not asking you to do research for me. Just an "off the top of your head" thing. :)
  5. E

Yeah......I was kind of leaning more towards CVB as well. Just wanted some input from people on here first. I e-mailed both people (Donny from CVB and Scott from 800700Tran and Donny replied back with all the details and Scott's response was "call me"?????) Now I just need to figure out if I...
  6. E

Central Valve Bodies vs 800700tran.com (Topic has "shifted gears" slightly) Title pretty much says it all. Taking explorer in monday (hopefully) to get tested (getting codes P0734, P0735 and P0741. No 4th or 5th). From what I've read I HOPE it's just a solenoid. I contacted them both to give...
  7. E

**EMERGENCY** Transmission Help

*sigh* Another emergency post. We decided since the explorer wasn't running TOO bad to try and make it to a halloween event in the next town (about 15-20 miles away). Got to the highway and noticed it wasn't wanting to shift into 4th at all (even tried the letting go of gas so it shifts trick)...
  8. E

Yeah, I honestly didn't realize that I needed to follow that procedure. Then again I've never emptied my tranny that much either. I've done the flush but that was through the cooler lines. Guess now I know. :D I think mine was coming out the vent tube AND where the dipstick tube connects to the...
  9. E

Hey guys, just wanted to say thank you to everyone that offered advice. I agree with everyone that said I probably just overfilled it. I honestly didn't think to just put 4-5 quarts in, run it and let the pump suck up some of the fluid in the pan and then add more. I figure it would just kind of...
  10. E

Wanted to run something by you guys real quick. Like I said, I replaced both paper gaskets on the valve body and pretty much full fluid flush. Went out to run errands a bit ago and she seems to shift fine until I get to about 40-45 then hangs unless I ease off the gas and she'll finally shift...
  11. E

Got up early this morning and saw the replies. Thank you guys a thousand times over. I just wanted to apologize for getting pissy last night. It just seems like the last few thousand miles EVERYTHING has been falling apart on this thing. It's our only vehicle and not really in the budget right...
  12. E

Ok, SERIOUSLY not trying to be an ass but almost 30 views and not ONE single person has any advice? Nobody has ever had this happen or any idea of what's happening? Drained the tranny, got 8 qts (which I've read is about right) tried putting 8 back in and it came out of the dipstick tube and the...
  13. E

I've been having flashing O/D light. (I have the 5R55E) I pulled valve body, gaskets had some blow out. (Tranny was drained while up on car ramps. 7-8 quarts came out after being left out overnight to drain.) I cleaned both gaskets off of valve body and put the new back on. I tightened...
  14. E

Rebuilt engine is loud?

Well, let me throw this at you then. Do you think that would coincide with what drdoom said about it sounding like I have low oil pressure? I'm thinking either A)this stuff has to be tied in together somehow(the chain slapping noise and now this random knocking) or B)this guy did a sloppy job...
  15. E

Rebuilt engine is loud?

For any of you that are still reading this. Can anyone explain this sound to me? My poor exploder has started making this noise at RANDOM start ups. It's only done it about 3 times since I posted last. It only started making the noise AFTER I did an oil change (put in dino 5w30 with a motorcraft...
  16. E

Rebuilt engine is loud?

Just took her back to the guy today. He came walking out of the shop and first thing he said is "Damn she sounds good. I thought you said she was making noise?" So pretty much I just learned a "bend-over $3500 life lesson". I told him that she IS making noise (there was a diesel truck sitting...
  17. E

Rebuilt engine is loud?

CDW, while I DID appreciate your thoughts/inputs on my original problem it stopped when you started slinging hate. If you want to be a hateful tea party person then you are more than welcome to start your own thread. PLEASE do not jack my thread to start throwing around hate. If you don't like...
  18. E

Rebuilt engine is loud?

Honestly when we do finally get a second vehicle it's going to be a mid-size truck. Now I just have to decide between a Tacoma, Dakota and Frontier (maybe even a explorer sport trac if done up right). (save your hate bashings for another thread. We all have our own opinions. lol) I don't NEED a...
  19. E

Rebuilt engine is loud?

Well, I called two dealerships and they both said that they didn't have the room/time to look today because they're trying to get as many cars out the door before tomorrow (rushed, half-assed work anyone??) so I hit up a few different random shops/used car lots around my area (all were cool...
  20. E

Rebuilt engine is loud?

Drdoom, I honestly don't know what he put in. The thought never crossed my mind to ask. I e-mailed him earlier and asked so I'll have to wait and see what he says. I'm GUESSING either 10-30 or 5-20. Complete guess though.
  21. E

Rebuilt engine is loud?

For sure going to let him know I'm not happy. Definitely going to get the oil pressure checked. I'm just going to do it at a dealer (about 5 minutes away) or another reputable shop because the guy who did the rebuild is about an hour away. I'm trying to get the "minor" things out of the way...
  22. E

Rebuilt engine is loud?

Well, I was HOPING that my OBDII tool would read oil pressure but no big surprise, no luck. I've been throwing all this info at my brother (sadly half way across the country or he'd help me out) and he thinks it could be all sorts of things. A rod bearing/other bearings, a lifter, bad oil pump...
  23. E

Rebuilt engine is loud?

Wouldn't that show up on the gauge though? It sits right in the middle on my in-dash gauge like normal. I'm probably going to annoy you guys with lots of questions but I want to try and do as much as I can NOW before renting a car AGAIN and driving this back over to get look at again. No...
  24. E

Rebuilt engine is loud?

Argh!! Ok, so took the explorer back to the shop and it ended up being the front tensioner. (I made a mistake by saying I tried my old tensioner before taking it back. That was my PLAN but I ran out of time before getting the chance) He put a new one in and when I went to pick it up it was nice...
  25. E

Rebuilt engine is loud?

Well, I took out the new front tensioner and it felt the same as my old/old one and old/new one. (I bought a brand new one before getting the rebuild done as was recommended for the timing chain noise). Tried putting the old/new one in and still the same sound. So back to the shop it goes. I...
Back