Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Your box?

Here are some boxes I've had in my explorer. Vinyl and carpet. With the right paint you can make it look good. Or vinyl and paint.
  2. B

caps

Before you buy a cap, put everything in and see how bad it is. I ran over 1500 watts on a stock battery and alternator. The lights would dim when stopped but when the car was moving it was fine. Now Im running close to 2400 watts and I added a batcap 800 (800cca), which I got for cheaper...
  3. B

how much can i run off my remote line?

That probally wouldnt be a problem for it but I wouldnt recomend running amps and fans off of it. All you need to do is get a relay and then you can hook as many things as you need up to it.
  4. B

Need Box Ideas Please

The reason it sounds better when you face them back as opposed to firing them forward is because the wave needs time to develop. To hear the sound there needs to at least a quarter wave, and low freqs need room to develop. An 80hz wave is around 13 feet long so lower freqs are even longer...
  5. B

Need Box Ideas Please

Like BruceWayne said, having the subs in a crx style box will most likely be the loudest setup with out a wall. For daily driving you probally wont notice a difference but on the meter you will. The purpose of the sub up and port back is to make the rear wave of the sub as long as...
  6. B

The Sexplorer

Thanks. I didn't pick the name, I made this box for a friend who picked it.
  7. B

box design?

Do you mean something like this
  8. B

The Sexplorer

Those kicker comps were in very bad condition so we plugged them into the wall first, then ran them over with a jeep, then they flew through the air, and finally caught on fire with the help of a little gas. Kicker Subs
  9. B

The Sexplorer

If the pics above didnt work then try these.
  10. B

The Sexplorer

try this pic 1 pic 2
  11. B

The Sexplorer

The Sexplorer (Pictures) Here are a few pictures of an install in a 99 limited that I just finished up yesterday. It has 2 JL W3s and a Rockford Fosgate 500a2. Tell me what you think of it.:D
  12. B

port noise

what you need to do is flare the end of it inside the box.
  13. B

Ayone done any glassin?

Ive done a few fiberglass projects. One was a fiberglass battery holder and the others were sub boxes. Here is a picture of my first fiberglass project. Just use a shirt or some lighter material if you are going to be working on the center console but if you are going to make something...
  14. B

Need Box Ideas Please

Mines bigger.:D
  15. B

maximum voltage for remote turn on lead?

You can splice it into anything that turns on when the car does. Or wire it to the battery and a switch.
  16. B

Post all your in dash TV pics

Yeah, some of my friends ordered screens at the same time I did and they put them in theirselves. On mine I ran all of the wires in the hinges of the visor so you cant see any wires. :) On one of my friends the screen hangs over the edge of the visor and you can see wires and on one of my...
  17. B

Of course I did it myself, Ive done all the work in my explorer myself.:)
  18. B

Its not a indash but heres my 6" screen in the visor.
  19. B

Best sub position in your X?

What Ive foud to work the best for ported boxes is a crx box design. That is with the subs facing up and the port facing the back. But with my new setup I dont have room for that and Im going with a sealed box for my 3 15s.:D
  20. B

Sounddomain.com ???

Its a good place to order from, but first find a lower price on the internet and they will beat it by 105%.
  21. B

Amplifier Ground Problem...

either way works because the battery is connected to the chassis.
  22. B

car audio forums

www.sounddomain.com www.termpro.com Both great sites.
  23. B

Competition results and a couple Q's

I would go with the 1 15 for more spl. With that power try a Kicker L7 or a dd9515. I had a L7 in my explorer with 1200 watts and did a 148.9. I also have a friend who with 1200 watts and 1 dd9515 did a 153.7. If you want something that will get loud for comps but still have it sound good...
  24. B

14.4V vs 12.0V

When your car is on it will be getting 14.4 and when it is off it will be getting about 12 volts.
  25. B

CUSTOM Box built!!

Porting them will make them louder. As for the money, just keep building boxes, get better, and then start selling them. Thats how Ive paid for almost everything Ive had in my explorer. I started building boxes less than a year ago and Ive built around 25 boxes so far and am working on more.
Back