Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Two '01 Sport Rear Brake Questions

Thanks.....ya I'm going to do the rotors too.....someone said If I drive it for a while grinding it could ruin the calipers...is that true?
  2. J

Two '01 Sport Rear Brake Questions

My rear brakes starting grinding from the pads being worn way too low a few days ago. I'm only keeping the truck a year at max and don't want to sink much money Into it as a lot of other things are wrong. Can I just stick pads on the old rusted grooved rotors and still get a year out of them...
  3. J

Strong fuel smell near gas cap sometimes during and after driving

Thanks for the replies.... ya I have a new cap and the gas cap light isn't on so I'll give the canister a check.
  4. J

Strong fuel smell near gas cap sometimes during and after driving

I smell a strong fuel smell near the back driver side of my 2001 sport sometimes after driving or at a stoplight. After the car sits for a while it's gone. I don't think it's a leak as I don't see and spots on ground. Also I bought a new cap to see if that was it but it didn't help. The weird...
  5. J

2001 Sport Oil leak

Can I tighten valve covers a bit or will that make leak worse?
  6. J

2001 Sport Oil leak

I have a 2001 sport with 157000 km on it and I'm getting an burning oil smell after driving a while. There is a bit of oil leaking from the valve covers but doesn't seem like that tiny bit would constantly drip onto manifold. Just wondering it it could be anything easy that might leak ...hoses...
  7. J

Hub Service Worth it???

Thanks ya I didnt really hear of that before either and your right about the stud.
  8. J

Hub Service Worth it???

I am going to get new tires tomorrow and wondered if the hub service is necessary for $2.50 a wheel? I guess they grind the the hub and rim surface flat to get better contact.
  9. J

Air Conditioning Question

I remember reading somewhere that your suppose to shut off your a/c 2 minutes or something before turning off your engine. I was just wondering why this is and if it is in fact 2 minutes?
  10. J

Ahhh thanks.....will the air still work on reg a/c with the temp dial all the way to hot and just not be as cold or does it need to be on the cold side for the reg air to work?
  11. J

No the heat works fine...just wondered if the blend doors have any effect on air conditioning? Was surprised my air blew ice cold with the temp control on hottest setting.
  12. J

The other day I turned on my air conditioning and then after about 10 minutes realized I left the heat control to the hottest setting. It still was really cold. I always though it needed to be on cold to use the air. Do the blend doors have any effect on air conditioning? If so, why did my air...
  13. J

Heater gets warm then colder with Temp Gauge

Still have the problem....wouldn't a bad thermostat only cause the heat to warm up slower but still be hot after a while?
  14. J

Tail light Bulb Filled With Water

Ya the actual bulb was filled up....
  15. J

Tail light Bulb Filled With Water

I went to change the brake light on my mom's 98 explorer and the bulb was completely filled with water. Can I get just the gasket for the socket or do I need to replace the whole socket? Or does the problem lie elsewhere?
  16. J

Should I Put Back The Battery Cover With New Battery?

My cover doesn't cover the terminals....how would that help with preventing a short?
  17. J

I just put in the new one and everything went ok but the positive clamp would only go half way down. That's how the old one was and I tried to loosen it all the way but it would only go on half. Is that ok? I mean I drove it 6 years with the old battery like that.
  18. J

I need a new battery for my 01 sport and I was wondering if I need to put the battery cover back on with the new battery or should I just leave it off? Also can I clean my clamps with baking soda and water or is there a better way?
  19. J

Mig Welding & Trucks Computer

Im not sure how my uncle did it but if anything was ruined with the cpu would it have shown up right away?
  20. J

Do you still need to have the ground clamp on what your welding if the negative of the battery is disconnected?
  21. J

Im worried now....theres no engine light on and the truck is running fine does that mean the computers ok????
  22. J

Today my uncle did some mig welding under my truck and he disconnected the negative from my battery to avoid hurting the computer. Just wondering...will mig welding actually hurt the comp if the negative from the battery isn't disconnected?
  23. J

98' Explorer Running Rough (air in gas tank)

Brought it in and the scanner said a misfire on cylinder 1. ..they pulled the plug and it looked fine but before doing a compression test they decided to put a new plug in just in case. It ran fine until they put it in drive then it ran rough again. This time the misfire was jumping around to...
  24. J

Loose Screw on MAF Sensor Truck Running Rough

I was going to clean the MAF sensor on my moms 98 explorer but could only get the one screw out. Im going to get the torx security bit so i left the other screw fairly loose since I was going to be taking it out again. My mom phoned from work today saying the truck barly made it there. I was...
Back