Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Long travel leaf springs

I've used National leaves on 2 trucks and trucks & both worked flawlessly & never sagged. I have friends that have used Deaver & they've been really happy as well. Either way you can't go wrong.
  2. P

Tube Radius Arms Fab... Well Planning anyways, and other DOM issues

Here's a pic of my first mock-up for the radius arms I built for the D44 conversion on my Explorer. If you're using a D44 you can use a radius arm design like this to eliminate a clearance issues when turning large diameter tires.
  3. P

RA strength with heims

Why wouldn't heims be strong enough? My radius arms use a 3/4" grade 8 bolt.
  4. P

4 link rear end...

I don't have any pics, but I saw a lowered truck once that had the leaf springs cut off just after the axle, then they added a few leaves to strengthen the half that was left, added a pan hard bar and installed airbags. It turned out to be an inexpensive and easy way to keep the geometry close...
  5. P

Bilstein vs Rancho 9000x

Go with the Bilstein, you won't regret it.
  6. P

please help me find some shackles

Don't forget to correct the pinion angle after installing the shackles.
  7. P

Blistein 5100's Vs. Edlelbrock Xtreme IAS

Definitely go with Bilstein
  8. P

Skid plate for a first gen?

Autofab makes a skid plate that bolts to the bottom 4 bolts of the diff axle housing. I used one on my Explorer and recentlt put one on my Bronco. Sorry for the huge pic, it's all I could find.
  9. P

Dirt Wars is almost here!

If you're in Ontario, it's like 20 minutes away from you. It is definitely worth the drive. I drive about 4 hours one way to go & it's well worth it!
  10. P

Dirt Wars is almost here!

Go here for info: http://www.prerunners.com/ror/
  11. P

Ranger leafs w/ SOA on X?

You know what's funny? On the Explorer sites people are always talking about putting Ranger leaves on Explorers. And on the Ranger sites people are always talking about using Explorer leaves...maybe the sites should swap leaves...LOL Ignore me. I just thought it was funny.
  12. P

8.8 spool???

I don't know if this is a problem for you guys with the type of wheeling you do, but over-shimming the traction-lok still leaves you with a c-clip rear-end.
  13. P

Rialto Off-Road Raceway March 5

It was an awesome day! Lots of trucks, lots of spectators & a lot of good action! Visit this thread for pics: http://www.dezertrangers.com/cgi-bi...=ST;f=1;t=18395
  14. P

Anyone on the board going?
  15. P

I know it's not exactly Explorer related, but if it helps, the Mcneil Explorer usually shows.... http://www.prerunners.com/ror/ Visit the link for info on the event on March 5. There will be lots of fast trucks & lots of great action. This event will feature wheel to wheel racing and time...
  16. P

Ranger sliders

Clean & simple, I like them
  17. P

Best shocks

I made an adapter for the top mount in the rear of my Explorer to mount a 10" travel 2.5" Sway-a-way. You could do the same for a Fox. You can also buy off-road shocks that will mount in the stock location. Oh, and if you're looking for a high quality bolt on shock, I say Bilstein or KYB
  18. P

shocks question

I think you'd be really happy with Bilstein. I'm not sure if any of you have seen the inside of a Rancho shock, but the quality just isn't there. There is a night and day difference between a Rancho and a Bilstein. KYB would also be a good choice....just my 2 cents.
  19. P

Rear spring perches, need a vendor

You can order them from your local chrysler dealership out of their performance catalog. I've gotten 3 sets from them.
  20. P

speedo DRIVE gear replacement??? In t/case

That's what I figured. It looks like you can remove the rear cover without pulling the t/case from the car. Any experience with that?
  21. P

speedo DRIVE gear replacement??? In t/case

Bueler? Bueler?
  22. P

What's Normal mpg?

I get 20-22 on the freeway with my 94 with 182k and 31" tires. around 16 in town.
Back