Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Tonneau cover suggestions

not used with soft folding cover.
  2. S

I believe the middle. It did not affect my tailgait at all. It had a rubber flap that comes down to seal the gap.
  3. S

sorry I can't get you a pic because I sold my ST. The cover came with black rails that bolt into existing holes (no drilling) with two bolts on each side. The rails only are about a half inch wide so they do not keep you from being able to use the full bed. Then the tonneau is held on by two...
  4. S

What did you do this weekend? Participation required

Pulled the stereo and back up camera and traded in the ST. I started targeting an 08-10. Just a few too many upcoming issues to deal with on my second ST (AC not great, noises, body mounts) so I decided I wanted to upgrade. Drove an 08 that looked great. I was lucky to make it back to...
  5. S

Bad gas ... problem is back update

Just to follow up before exiting the forum, no additional problems since changing the gas cap. I have towed my boat, run around, commuted, etc, and not problems. I did decide to upgrade to a newer truck for other reasons, but not this problem.
  6. S

Adrenalin...i think i want one

carmax has a good looking black one in cali but its rwd or I might be on it.
  7. S

Installed the Autospecialty matched rotor and pad set from Power Stop up front. Did the break in then spend a good hour towing the boat. Can't say they are any better than another brand, but the brakes were out of site out of mind, and the truck did exactly what it was supposed to do every...
  8. S

Goodbye

Report back pros and cons of the explorer after a few months. I have thought hard about getting one. Then I do something like cut a tree down or bring 2 smokers to a bbq competition and realize I need a bed of a truck.
  9. S

Goodbye

Enjoy your new explorer!
  10. S

front wheel bearing damage

he must have a Rwd and the front rotor has bearings in it and it rides on a spindle.
  11. S

2004 Sport Trac - Fuel dumping into cylinders !!

I can't help you. I don't totally understand the fuel system as well as others here. You might also write more about what was going on several steps back that led to the new PCM etc.
  12. S

2004 Sport Trac - Fuel dumping into cylinders !!

I cannot say if it is your problem or not, but you do have a fuel pressure damper, its on the beginning of the fuel rail, drivers side near the firewall. Look up you trac on rock auto and you can see what it looks like.
  13. S

Previous owner of mine used plastidip and as you can see above, it faded and is peeling off.
  14. S

trailer Wiring

Looks fun. Enjoy.
  15. S

From when I bought it the step bars on my 05 were bent up in the rear. Prior owner (family member) put it in a ditch. This weekend I straightened all the brackets out in a vice, repainted them, and installed the step bars on my new old 03. I know some like how it looks better without...
  16. S

trailer Wiring

If your wiring is gone, you just need a basic 4 flat kit. You can get one in the trailer section in any auto parts store, academy sports, or your local tractor supply. It will come with instructions, or you can get a lot from the internet. It is not hard. Your ST will tow a 14 ft john with...
  17. S

trailer Wiring

My 03 and 05 were. I would assume the 01 is too. The 4 flat sits under and just to the drivers side of where you would bolt on the hitch ball. Do you see any sings of it down there. Maybe the bracket got bent or broke and someone tucked the wiring up over something on the bumper.
  18. S

I think I have a problem with the instriment clustor.

Under projects and maintenance at the link below you can find instructions for opening up the dash to look for a short or lose connector. http://www.mysporttrac.com/mysporttrac/
  19. S

trailer Wiring

The deal is it is harder than wiring it for a 4 flat, and a 7 pin is totally overkill for a 14 foot john boat. Go to etrailer and put your vehicle in. The wiring kits usually have instructions.
  20. S

A new Sport Trac

I would have to really appreciate the body, and the engine would have to be spotless and make no noises at all to take that risk. Call two local transmission shops and build in the price of replacing the tranny into your budget before agreeing to it. If it stops running salvage price is going...
  21. S

Bad gas ... problem is back update

Put 20 gallons in and rock and rolled. Stopped at 20 gallons because of the BP rewards program. I would have preferred to let the tank stop it and see if my prob is an over fill. However, I was not willing to pass up $.45 cents off per gallon for 20 gallons just to find out :). Best...
  22. S

Wheel bearing change, Can I use 4x4 wheel hub on 2wd?

No, because your bearing races are in your brake rotor on the RWD, there is no hub.
  23. S

Wheel bearing torque

When I had my RWD sport trac I went thought bearings too. I ended up paying to have them replaced thinking I was doing something wrong. Eventually the noise came back. So I went back to doing them myself like on my boat trailer. I don't even get our the torque wrench any more. Seat them...
  24. S

Transmission help?

My opinion in 198K is that I would get a miti vac and quarts of tranny fluid and look at it. If its burnt smelling and dark, I would replace a couple of quarts with each oil change till the fluid looks better, then do the pan and filter. Old tranny's with old fluid do not like to be shocked.
Back