Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Help describing transmission issue

Hi, 2002 Mounty 4.6 here, 170k miles, I'm having an issue that I need help describing so that I can better search for solutions. What it's doing is this, Transmission is performing as it should except, when cruising around 60mph, in overdrive, every few minutes the rpms will drop (by 500 or so)...
  2. R

Help with Harsh Reverse issue

Probably just need to grease the slip yoke. Mine did the same until I greased it. Just do a search on here for slip yoke and you'll find a diy.
  3. R

Motor Mount PDF's Needed

I just had a low mileage used motor put in my 02. Engine runs and is like brand new, but I have a very strong vibration through my gas pedal at 2k rpm and up. It is most noticeable when driving, but is still detectable in N and P. Only felt through gas pedal, and specifically as a harmonic...
  4. R

AC refill specs needed oil+r134

Ill check for a sticker or call the dealer. Thanks!
  5. R

AC refill specs needed oil+r134

Can someone help me out with the type and amount of oil and the amount of r134 that should be refilled into a vacuumed system. Just had my engine replaced and need to refill the AC since it was opened. I know to pull a vac on the system for a few hours, but I cannot find the refill specs...
  6. R

4.6 Year Model Differences (Help Needed)

Thanks for your input guys!
  7. R

4.6 Year Model Differences (Help Needed)

I have to replace the 4.6 in my 02 Mountaineer. The only suitable replacement 4.6 motor I have found is from an 04 Explorer. I need someone to verify for me that this motor will be a drop in replacement. I understand the throttle design changed so i will need to swap upper plenums, but other...
  8. R

Loss Of Power & Unable to Crank Beyond 3 Seconds

And that clicking noise... see if the throttle plate moves when you hear it. The gear may have broken leaving the plate closed, and you with this problem. DO NOT do what the guy said and just go out and get a PCM. This would be the last thing to replace in this situation. You most likely...
  9. R

^^^ What?? Trouble code says you need to replace PCM? No, actually trouble code is for TAC system. Throttle actuator control. (Google is your friend) The PCM controls the TAC, so how can you directly blame the PCM without troubleshooting the TAC system. TAC consists of a sensor and a DC...
  10. R

maybe this will help... P2104 = faulty throttle position sensor P2112 = throttle accuator stuck closed. Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) System - Stuck Closed. ... P2104 is just an informative code, set because of P2112 I would look to the throttle actuator control module.
  11. R

Transmission Guru Help Needed (diagnose)

02 Mounty V8 AWD. 128k miles. Transmission makes ticking sound between gear changes. The ticking sounds like engine ticking, but its the trans (only does it in gear at shifts) No ticking first 5 mins driving each day. Trans fluid service history unknown. Presume original fluid. No...
  12. R

03 X Stereo build Pics

Any idea how much weight youve added to the truck (before you went to the 8's and changed some things)? Did it sag in the rear noticeably or drive poorly?
  13. R

How to: 2002 Explorer rear wheel bearing replacement (pictures)

I have a question about the procedure (I have to do it next week), since it requires a puller to remove the knuckle from axle, is there any special tool or procedure to reinstall knuckle to axle? or will it just slide back on? thanks for a great writeup by the way, very helpful!
  14. R

Alarm Help (door trigger wire location)

Sounds good. I was gonna try in the door tomorrow. However, i think the alarm brain is behind the rear seats in the passenger c pillar. At least thats what ive read.
  15. R

Wiring Help / Diagrams needed 02 Mounty

Just needed to add a relay for alarm sensor, and needed power for that. Maybe you could help me identify the door trigger wire. I have read its black/lt blue in drivers kick panel. Well, in the wire channel there, I found two identical black/lt blue wires, and tested them both for change in...
  16. R

Alarm Help (door trigger wire location)

02 Mountaineer. I cant find the door trigger wire. All literature I have found on the net says its a black/lt blue wire in the drivers kick panel. I cant find the wire. There are two heavy guage black/light blue wires going to a ground behing the kick panel (I removed it) There are also two...
  17. R

Wiring Help / Diagrams needed 02 Mounty

Hi Forum! I need help finding some wires for an install... I need a constant hot, and a switched hot (ignition), somewhere under the drivers side dash. I found a constant hot in the steering column (yellow) but Id like help finding it and a switched 12v (ignition) somewhere close together...
  18. R

2008 Explorer - ergonomics?

Haha, my girl is 5' and her feet wont touch the floor, but she can reach the pedals!
  19. R

2008 Explorer - ergonomics?

Gadabout - I have the exact same issue with my 02 Mounty. I have to turn my foot at an awkward angle to the left in order to press the brake. It appears to be aligned under the steering column, and since my right leg rests to the right of the column, I am constantly twisting and craning my leg...
  20. R

DIY upgrade oem alarm (add glass break and leds)

Haha, It works! Smashing not recommended, however, rapping on the glass with keys or a coin will set off the alarm. A proximity sensor or shock sensor couldve been used, but the glassbreak causes no falses. My next step is to add some type of paging system, I just havent figured out what Im...
  21. R

DIY upgrade oem alarm (add glass break and leds)

Well Im new to this forum and wanted to make my first post a useful one! I appreciate all the info on this site, and I hope others find this mod, and appreciate its value. I am going to tell you how I upgraded my factory antitheft system to incorporate a glass breakage sensor, and add...
  22. R

5 channel amp recommendation?

Kicker 700.5 hands down. Picked mine up for around 220, brand new. Check Ebay for deals. Specs - 70x4+420x1, or 160x2+420x1 I love mine, its all i need to power a pair of 12's and a set of comps.
Back