Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Clanking noise over bunps

OK, I went out and started shaking the krap out of it, and I think I found the source. If I kick the front passenger wheel I can get the noise. And the more I hear it it sounds more like a rattling clank than just a clank. Any I deas what might be rattling in that front wheel??:confused:
  2. J

It sounds to me like it's coming from the middle of the truck, thats why I was thinking Radius Arms, I already removed the spare tire to make sure that wasn't it, If it is the rear leafs how would I be able to check? and like what Rhett said how do you correct it. I don't know if this helps but...
  3. J

Clanking noise over bumps Whenever I hit potholes in the road or something that jars the suspension I get a clanking noise, If I go over something that does not jar it just lets the suspension compress and rebound I don't get it. I know its not the exhaust because Its brand new and I've already...
  4. J

UUUH that smell, can't you smell that smell

I read some where that said if you use MAX (recirculate) alot, that mildew builds up because theres no fresh air drawn in to dry it out, thereby creating mildew. It said to run atleast on regular for few minuted before you trun it off, to dry iy out. I usally do this, yet I still get a hint...
  5. J

SEA FOAM!!!

Where can you find it at?
  6. J

Fuel Filter removal, on Gen 1

Ok, I got the tool to release the clips, got the back one off the filter, but the front one will not go, I actually broke the tool trying to release it:rolleyes: Is there a trick to it??? . Any ideas would be much appreciated
  7. J

How many gallons is the gas tank on everyones Explorer?

The best I've done is 19.2 on my 92 Sport, I usally get 320 to 350 (city/highway) on about 18 gallons
  8. J

Headlight housing removal on 1st Gen

Now I see, Thanks, I'll try it tommorrow.
  9. J

Headlight housing removal on 1st Gen

I'm getting moisture in my drivers side headlight somehow, how do I get this thing out??? I did a search and they said something about 2 screws on top and three clips on the bottom, I don't see either.:confused:
  10. J

Best Battery

I've had real good luck with Autozone's Duralast Gold Battery(~$85) I let my old Bronco sit in storage fo over a year, and it cranked over like it sat for a night, I have a Motorcraft Silver Series in my Ex (~$90) so far it's been real good, it has 3 yr free replacement, and 100 month pro-rated...
  11. J

93 Ex door speakers?

here's a cool site I found with everything you need to upgrade your ex's tunes www.tune-town.com/Cars/stuff/Ford/explorer_9194.htm
  12. J

High milage explorers?

I feel I've been real lucky 92 Sport Auto w/ 155K -Just regular oil changes air filter and breaks till 100K -110K replaced power stearing pump, and u-joint in rear drive shaft -120K rear drums replaced, and all 4 shocks -140K replaced orignal pulgs and wires!!! -145K replaced fluids in...
  13. J

to much camber

OK, I will do that, Thanks alot guys
  14. J

to much camber

ok , I've done some more research (probably should of done that 1st :) and it sounds like I need a camber/caster kit, now my question is can I install this then take it to go get alligned and save me some labor charges, or do they have to set it when its installed? also anyone know what one of...
  15. J

to much camber

I've noticed on alot of stock 91-94 ex's that they have some extreme camber on the front wheels, i've now noticed mines starting to show some, and wonders down the road more than it used to, what is it that causes this? My only guess is ball joints, is this correct?
Back