Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Removing The Instrument Cluster

Swapped out the clusters over the weekend, but I had to get the replacement programmed. Had that done today, but the mileage is from the other vehicle where the cluster came from. My question is.... can the dealer program the cluster to what the mileage should be? I'd like to know before...
  2. T

Thank you! Probably gonna try it later today!
  3. T

It's a 2006
  4. T

Can anyone help me with this? I don't want to break anything! Are there screws on the dash that need removed, or just pull on it? Thanks!
  5. T

Gauge Cluster Plexi glass

Anyone have any tips on how to remove the dash around the cluster on these? Are there bolts/screws? Or do it just clip in?
  6. T

Gauge Cluster Plexi glass

How do you go about removing the cluster? I have to swap mine out... message center went bad.
  7. T

2006 Eddie Bauer Explorer Overheating?

Interesting. Did you get the cap from Ford or is it AM?
  8. T

2006 Eddie Bauer Explorer Overheating?

Is this recommended? I changed my rad, but not the cap. Just curious....
  9. T

Engine Rattle

To no surprise, they couldn't hear ANY noise. I even went for a ride with them and could hear it rattling plain as day...
  10. T

Engine Rattle

Wow that's awesome! I dropped mine off today. Hope I have the same luck as you.
  11. T

Engine Rattle

Please do. I'm going to take mine in as well, hopefully next week. Mine is definitely worse when it's cooler outside.
  12. T

Engine Rattle

Will do. I'm hoping they won't use their selective hearing and actually find the culprit.
  13. T

Engine Rattle

It did come back. It's loudest when the engine is cold between 2400-3200 rpm, especially on days cooler than 80°. In fact, I was getting ready to make an appointment at our dealer. I still have two months left on my ESP!
  14. T

Transmission Fluid Leak

If it is your fittings that are leaking, I removed mine....put a new o-ring inside the fitting and reinstalled with new teflon tape. It's been perfect for a few thousand miles now. I got the o-ring at advance auto, had to match one up with the original.
  15. T

Transmission Fluid Leak

Hello fellow X owners, I noticed some fluid on the ground this morning after a round trip to the OBX from PA. It appears that the fluid is transmission oil and it's coming from the driver's side cooler line going into the bottom of the radiator. What's the best way of going about this...
  16. T

06 Eddie Bauer Explorer Read DVD Entertainment System Question

Which DVD player do you have? There is a factory Ford version and a Ford Accessory version. The Accessory version is all black, centered right in the middle of the ceiling. FM 89.1 is the default setting that the DVD player will transmit in, being picked up by your fm antenna and playing...
  17. T

Chirping Noise at Idle?

I just had a similar problem. Really didn't seem like the belt, but it was. I replaced the tensioner and idler trying to figure out what it was. It sounded like it was only making noise on the passenger side. Picked up a belt from Advance for $17 and it's been quiet for a few months! I did...
  18. T

Startup Noise

41,000. Why?
  19. T

Startup Noise

Geez. I would've thought Ford got that fixed already with these engines. Now that you say that though, it does sound similar to my '98 4.0. :thumbdwn:
  20. T

Chirping Belt

Me too. Thanks for the input!
  21. T

Chirping Belt

I replaced the idler and tensioner over the last few weeks, only to find out it was the belt! The Ford belt only had 7,000 miles on it, but it was really shiny. I ended up putting on a belt from Advance Auto ($16) just to see what would happen, and now it's completely quiet! Why would a Ford...
  22. T

Help! 2007 Explorer keeps running hot.

You may have some air in the system. Try starting it up with the radiator cap off and let some coolant overflow once the system gets hot. Cap the radiator and fill the coolant reservoir back up and see what happens.
  23. T

Startup Noise

Well, same here now. I changed the oil, used a mc filter and oil and the noise is reduced. It still there, but it's about 75% quieter. I even get some rattle between 2500-3500 rpm, but that it much quieter now too.
  24. T

Chirping Belt

No I haven't. Would a belt quiet down when the engine gets hot?
Back