Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Front end transfer case 99 awd?????

It is a very nice looking car. The previous owner took care of it. It is not abused and nasty. I did have the rear lift gate door crap out. The hinges and hinge attachments are inadequate. That was very expensive. A couple months after the new lift gate and hinges were professionally...
  2. S

Yeah, I wish I had bought a 2WD. Very little was available at the time. The Cash for Clunkers program had destroyed a lot of used cars. Out here the price of any decent used car skyrocketed. I have a real 4WD for real 4wd driving, a 1970 Toyota Land cruiser. It will go anywhere a non...
  3. S

More information I got under there and looked around carefully. The front diff is leaking a little. It is wet around the driver's side CV joint seal and the input shaft seal. I guess I should change the gear oil and make sure it is full? Second, should I mess with friction modifiers...
  4. S

Yes, I replaced the wheel bearing assembly to elimate it as the cause. OK, so what is next? Taking it to a shop is not possible financially. Replace the CV-joints? Transfer case? I see they run about $500. Is this going to be a weekend home garage project? I am pretty handy and have...
  5. S

99 v8 AWD, full time awd not normal 4wd. I am getting a loud noise from the right front end that sounds like a badly out of balance tire. -The tires are balanced and close to new, I moved tires around to eliminate tire issues as a cause. -I just installed a new bearing assebmly in...
  6. S

Antifreeze out of exhaust pipes; help!

Might be that the cheesie plastic intake mainifild died and the head cracked and or gasket blew. My last explorer died the same death. If you like your car replace the plastic intake manifold.
  7. S

99 4door liftgate hinge point welds

Thanks, I decided to sell somethng to finance haveing a body shop do it. I don't have the time to do this kind of work anymore. It got real involved. I would have to buy a new liftgate, paint, hinges, transfer parts, it is real heavy and I have no helper. The damage appears to be from...
  8. S

99 4door liftgate hinge point welds

I got taken on a used 99. I bought it from someone who I thought was a friend. I have had the car for three days. The issue is that the liftgate does not open and close properly. It can not be adjusted operate properly. The problem is that the welds on the part where the right hinge...
Back