Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 0

Cracked Rear Panel?

mine ('02) just cracked this last winter...still cracked. i'm moving to TX in a few months so I will wait till I get there before I start checking on fixing it. I might be able to do a couple of hundred to get it done (painted/installed) but I just can't see much more than that... I will check...
  2. 0

Solved How to change SPARK PLUGS on a 4.6L V-8

started the X and she is as smooth as she was the day I drove her out of the dealer in 2002!! :) by the way, thanks for the link on the fuel filter...I was reading it at the same time I made my last post...I have been working on a full tune up for the last 2 days and doing a lot of research on...
  3. 0

Fuel Filter Replacement w/pics

THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO!! I jsut changed my filter and without this info I most probably would've broke the clips. Couple of things I did learn: - you all said to relief the pressure on the system BUT what I have done before AND this time AND it worked...I let the truck sit overnight and just...
  4. 0

Where is the PCV valve '02 4.6L

I searched..but I was unable to find where is the PCV valve on a 4.6 '02 X. I think it's on the passenger side valve cover but it doesn't match the one my local autoparts gave me (traditional metal canister w/ a 90 plastic elbow). I went to the local dealer but they didn't have on in stock for...
  5. 0

got the 2 red clips off the fuel filter but my plastic tool for the other line is not working...will have to go see if I can find the metal one. Can anyone tell me where the PCV valve is?
  6. 0

Ok Guys...changed all my plugs on my 4.6 and it was EASY!! Thanks After I figured out that the small round thing by the injector was the coil and I removed the first one the rest was history. I removed the air box all the way out from the TB and that was the only thing I had to move out of...
  7. 0

Ok, you can call a dumb a$$ What I thought was part of the fuel injector is actually the coil. I guess it's the beginner on me...????!!! Now I can see why they recommend removing the fuel rail and the air to clean the spark plug cavity!! Thanks for the help. I will go and change my spark...
  8. 0

Ok guys, I'm doing the same thing on my 02 Eddie and I can't see where my plugs are? I can see what looks like the connectors/fuel injectors but I can't really see where the boots and plugs are...a picture any one! Also, do you all recommend changing the O2 sensor and PCV if I have over 94K...
Back