Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

RIP '92 1st Gen

RIP '92 1st Gen
  2. M

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

'96 XLT parked in my garage for 2 years awaiting time and weather to work on it. 187k. One of the guys at my local NAPA parts store had a 1st gen and a 2nd gen with 350k+ and 250k+ respectively.
  3. M

Road tested '96 with 239,362 as of October 2013. She's been garaged since then. Starter went out (darn near caught fire) and I had her towed home. Since then I have been tinkering with little things she has been begging for and now I am getting more serious with complete cooling system (in...
  4. M

238+ and needs TLC Rebuilt cooling system and everything on the front of the engine except PS pump (kit sitting in the wings). AC system parts purchased along with engine rebuild kits with new lifters. Working on rear suspension at the moment.:hammer:
  5. M

236K plus. Needs a lot of TLC but I'm getting after it. New tranny this year for sure...much needed. About to do rear end suspension, anti-sway, etc. Front end completed three years ago. Ball joints, control arms, tie-rods, all the anti-sway, etc. Got all the parts, waiting for weather. Engine...
  6. M

Ryan...just posted to your dash removal thread. A great one BTW. Go Elite again...I have mine...

Ryan...just posted to your dash removal thread. A great one BTW. Go Elite again...I have mine update automatically simply because I cannot BUY this much information on working my Ex for many more $$ that the my membership costs. Even a Chilton or Haynes (even a Ford service manual) costs more...
  7. M

How To: Remove the dash from a 2nd Gen!

Fantastic guidance! Thank you Ryan. I have been dreading the fact that I have to "remove the dash" on my 2nd gen ever since I read it was necessary to replace the heater core. After blowing out the plastic valve doodad just outside the core last summer I decided to rebuild the cooling system...
  8. M

Transmission rebuild what tranny do I have?

Thanks guys...I was wondering myself and you answered my questioning.
  9. M

'96 rebuild V6 sensor ID help needed

O.K. guys...I need some help here. I am planning to completely restore Nelly Belle in the coming two years or so. '96 XLT. Will get the body panels I need this year and have already rebuild the front suspension. Next is the rear suspension (maybe including new leaf springs) but the shackles have...
  10. M

Fix a Roll over

Well...after seeing all this remarkable work I have regained confidence in believing that the repair of my '92 X is not outside of reason (much to all my friends and family's chagrin). I will post pics and progress once i get into it. Compaired to what I'vejust seen, my project should be a cake...
  11. M

2000 Ford Explorer hood stuck

Try this...in the future I imagine you already found a bad solution to your problem but if anybody else is reading this I may have a suggestion. The Hood Latch has a secondary release lever to the right of the main lever. This can be tripped with a flat blade and a little twisting patience...
  12. M

New guy BYM

O.K. I just discovered you all today and was amazed at all the information, tool recommendations, explanations, step-by-step stuff that I HAD to join. I have a '92 XLT that I want to restore and a '96 that needs some TLC to keep me on the road. The '92 got backed into on the driver's door post...
Back