Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

Dana 35 beams

Im looking for either stock or cut and turned beams, it doesnt matter to me because im getting them cut and turned if they are stock. Thanks
  2. 9

7.5 inch lifted explorer 4.5 suspension 3 inch body

do you have any pics of the strut and knuckle on there?
  3. 9

05 Aviator mirrors on 03 Limited

Ok got mine on and working minus the signals for now. There were 2 differences i had. One was the passenger side up/down and left/right wires. Your diagram shows violet from the ex going to green on the avi and green from the ex to pink on the avi. Mine was opposite violet to pink and green to...
  4. 9

My harnesses are different on my Avi mirrors. I have drivers side yellow/ light blue in pin 1 and black/ pink in pin 10. Pins 7-12 match side to side but 1-6 are different from side to side. Ill post my exact setup as well for people with my same harness. I have no clue what year Avi they were...
  5. 9

The heated mirrors is the green/ purple stripe wire on both harnesses. Ford did us a favor leaving that wire the same. As soon as i get to my mirrors and papers ive been using ill see what i can come up with. Ive bench tested the mirrors and got the correct wires for moving them and the heat...
  6. 9

I have a set im working on for my 02 eddie bauer. I have the wiring diagrams for the Avi and my 02(late build) that ive been using to test functions. Once theyre in ill update the info 1996eb gave us and hopefully they function correct and not opposite
  7. 9

Light bar behind grille

I have a billet grill and a 32" bar behind it. I made brackets that extend the core support wider to make it fit. I'll get a pic shortly
  8. 9

LED lightbar install

The light output is fine through the billet grill, I have a 32 inch on the bumper of my Bronco 2 and I don't notice a difference between the 2. I'll try to get some night pictures with it on
  9. 9

LED lightbar install

here's some installed pics of my 32" behind the grill
  10. 9

LED lightbar install

i know this thread is a little old but I have a 32" light bar behind the grill of my 02. I had to make some brackets to extend the core support out about 2 inches per side but it fits.
  11. 9

May EF Lottery

This is a good friend of my cousin and I from high school. He treated everyone like family whether he had met you before or not. He played football, baseball, and wrestled and was what many would consider an "All-American" athlete. He joined the Marine Corps. right out of high school and was...
  12. 9

For Sale 1st Gen Part Out. Some performance, some aftermarket.

interested in the gauge setup as well, whats your best price to 92071?
  13. 9

Head Rebuild/Buildup - 1993 explorer (Custom roller rockers, pushrods, polishing)

what exactly is custom about the roller rockers? are they a complete custom made set or an off the shelf set modified to work?
  14. 9

93 Octane

im going to stay neutral here but think about this: your ex is programmed to run on regular unleaded gas (87 or 89) depending where you live. higher octane burns slower than the lower octane which will help with pinging but if your pinging on whatever your engine is designed to run with then you...
  15. 9

99 Ford Ranger "shakes at 60 mph"

sounds like the tires are out of balance, i would get that checked before doing anything else
  16. 9

I'm getting tired of wheel hop/slip

it sounds like a limited slipthat needs more of the friction modifier. i'd replace the diff fluids with the friction modifier and it should go away. or if your cheap just add some of the friction modifier and see what happens
  17. 9

is 50 my max??

what width are you trying to run? a 265/50r20 and a 255/60r20 are nearly the same height
  18. 9

Swap out Twin I beam Suspension

in all honesty theres only two viable and cost effective options. sell the i beam truck and buy an a-armed truck or convert to 4wd and use a solid front axle
  19. 9

Shaking Above 70mph

shaking at speed is going to be one of two things...balancing or the hub centric ring. even a 22 will stay balanced if its done right. it will take a decent amount of tire wear to change the balancing. i would have the balancing checked first though. if its still shakes then go with the hub...
  20. 9

Is an Explorer a truck?

the way i interpret car or truck is simple... is it based on a truck chassis or car chassis? explorers up to 2010 are an rbv so therefor its a truck. 2011+ is more of a crossover so cant really call it a car or truck. same with b2's. they are rbv so i say truck. the vehicles that get confusing...
  21. 9

2004 f150 spacers will fit !

any updates on the fitment of the spacers? im ready to buy some and if these work without too much modification its definitely worth the savings
  22. 9

What is the average age of people on the forum????

24 been a member almost 2 years but lurked for a while before that
  23. 9

02 Durango Problems... PLEASE HELP!!

first thing i would look at is the switch for the rear gate if its saying the gate is open and beeping. next option is a loose connection somewhere
  24. 9

Shaking Above 70mph

the hubcentric spacer is the first thing i would say with a larger wheel. also make sure whoever balanced them is capable of balancing a larger wheel
  25. 9

Explorer hood modifications!

the ex looks good, yeah it would be better if the vents were functional but how many vents like that on car actually are? not as many as you'd think. even the hood scoops on mustang gts aren't so does that make them "rice"?. keep up the good work and make it look how you want not how everyone...
Back