Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Y

A/C condensate drainage problem (I think)

1992 explorer. My A/C works well for the first 10 minutes. Then it starts to blow muggy air. There seems to be plenty of freon. Is it possible the condensation drain hole is plugged and that the system starts to recirculate the moisturized air? Can someone tell me where to find the drain? Thank you.
  2. Y

I love my Glasspack

could the transmission make a difference? I thought someone once told me that it could sound different on an automatic then on a manual. I'm not sure if I believe, but I'm just throwing it out there...
  3. Y

I love my Glasspack

I've had my glasspack in for over 3 months now. It should broken in considering I drive alot now. Still kicks ass. The reason it doesn't sound like a honda is because it is followed by a lot of tail pipe (without resinator of course). I'm expecting many of you judge the glasspack because you...
  4. Y

I love my Glasspack

I felt there has not been enough praise to the glasspack. I mean I got great sound and excellent performance for $15 bucks. Oh yeah, and did I mention it was $15 bucks? Left me more money to spend on my KKM. Great deal.
  5. Y

manual transmission whine

Anything I can do? It whines bad in 1st-4th but leaves in 5th. I changed the fluid to redline. But it hasn't seemed to help. I also put some J&B stop leak in it and it still leaks. Could the leaking be effecting the noise? Any ideas? thanks.
  6. Y

KKM Where!?!?

much much thanks
  7. Y

KKM Where!?!?

I'm sure this topic has been dug real deep into the ground, but I cannot find anything on KKM intakes. Nothing comes up when I search for a web site. And know specifies where to get on when I search through the articles. I work at a parts shop and none of our providers carry a "KKM" Stupid...
  8. Y

Rear end leveling

I need to left my rear end of my 92 X just about an inch. I used the add-a-leafs, and I only got like 1/2 and inch. When installing add-a-leafs, should they be as close the the axle as possible? or towards the bumper..? And if I decide to shackle it, will I need an alignment? Will the...
  9. Y

Whining Transmission... or something.

no rebuilds on the tranny so far...
  10. Y

Whelp, I've talked to some transmission shops and their answers were definatly a bad bearing inside the transmission and they've all said its really really expensive to fix, especially since my truck has 213,000 miles on it.. who knows how much life it has left... :(( ohwell, it has actually...
  11. Y

Will AT sealer work on Mazda 5spd MT?

Yeah, I understand that. But A-1 Transmission wanted like 800 to rebuild my 5spd..?? And that's if i can get it out on my own. $800 for a 5spd rebuild? is that right? Damn mazda probably..
  12. Y

Will AT sealer work on Mazda 5spd MT?

Just like the title says... Will an AT trany sealer, seal up my MT transfer case when my Mazda 5spd takes ATF for it's fluid? thanks.
  13. Y

My 92 XLT with a 5 speed mazda Trany whines real bad. It makes my engine sound like a honda... :(( It whines more at higher RPM's, thus leading to the trany conclusion... I've just put redline's ATF in it, but I notice no changes. I also checked my rear differential's fluid level. I'm pretty...
Back