Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Correct height spec for '01 XLT 4x4?

Ride Height 1.Measure the distance between the center line of the front suspension lower arm bushing bolt and the lift. Record the measurement 2.Measure the distance between the front wheel spindle (lowest point) and the lift. Record the measurement Determine ride height: Subtract measurement...
  2. N

TSB Question

SERVICE PROCEDURE Reprogram the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) to the latest calibration using IDS release 75.05 and higher or 76.01 and higher. This new calibration is not included in the VCM 2011.11 DVD. Calibration files may also be obtained at www.motorcraft.com. Reprogram the...
  3. N

Hello From Northville

Found this site when my AWD transfer case went out. Put in the F150 TC per the instructions on this site (very helpful). It has been in 2 years without any problems. Only use the Explorer to Plow my Apartments parking lots. Works great for these small spaces. Couldn't get a F150 in there with a...
  4. N

Location of the DPFE sensor on a 96 XLT V8.

He is right. The scan tester I used said DPFE for code PO402 but the 5.0L uses a sonic EGR system consists of an EGR valve sensor, EGR vacuum regulator solenoid, EGR valve, powertrain control module (PCM), and connecting wires and vacuum hoses. Here is how the manual said it works: The PCM...
  5. N

Location of the DPFE sensor on a 96 XLT V8.

The DPFE is held on to a bracket that is bolted to back passenger side of intake. Just follow the vacume hose from EGR to DPFE. I had the same code. It wasn't the EGR or DPFE. The number 4 cylinder (passenger side, rear cyl) was not firing. The spark plug was black. I replaced the plug and wire...
Back