Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

When I hit a small bump in the road my front end squeaks

Thanks! I didn't even think to use GL-4 grease. I have a tube out in the garage. The bushings I used were from NAPA. They are the heat resistant hard poly bushings and are only 2 months old, look like new (when I again removed them several weeks ago) and are already making noise. Would you...
  2. M

When I hit a small bump in the road my front end squeaks

I have recently replaced my radius arm bushings (which were in very poor shape) after putting up with the same pesty squeak and crunching noise. I used an air chisel to remove the two rivets and replaced them with grade 8 bolts. All was good for a few weeks, and then the noise came back. I again...
  3. M

Auto Transmission Shifting

In talking with the service manager at the Ford dealership, he is quite certain that it is the valve body that is causing my problem. Because the poor shifting (or lack of) from 1-2 happens consistantly when the transmission is hot or cold he is almost ruling out the speed govenor. Has...
  4. M

Well...the saga continues. I just can't bring myself to spend the $2000 for a new tranny. So far I have replaced the Vacuum modulator, TPS, adjusted the kickdown cable and nothing has changed. The tranny shop pulled the codes and came up with 332 ( egr valve not opening ). I followed the haines...
  5. M

Driver Side Door lock

I had the simular problem on my '94. I turned out to be the plastic clip on the lock cylinder. The clip had broke off causing the lock rod to jam up. You need to pull off the door panel and have a look at the lock cylinder and vertical rod that attaches to it. If the white pastic clip is broke...
  6. M

Thanks "Majorlag". Any idea on how to adjust the kickdown cable? I did a search and found some hits but none talk about the actual adjusting. Also, what your thoughts or anyone elses on the vehicle speed sensor (VSS). Could this be a suspect?
  7. M

Push Button 4WD

Good News, I changed the shift module ( rear drivers side access panel) and all works well. I got the shift module for nothing at a wrecker. Bonus!
  8. M

help diagnose tranny problem

I have the identical symptoms on my '94. I changed the vaccum diaphram last week and saw no improvement. My next step will be the throttle position sensor. Have you tried it on yours?
  9. M

I took the above advise and changed out the vacuum modulator. $29. Unfourtunatly it made no difference. Im afraid the tranny shop may get the best of me!
  10. M

Thanks!, Were is the modulator & vac line?
  11. M

Push Button 4WD

I tried the battery. Disconnected it both times, still no joy.
  12. M

Push Button 4WD

I am unable to engage my 4WD using the push button on the dash. All I hear is a click from the controller box in the rear wheel well. I pulled the x-fer case shift motor, cleaned the armmature and brushes, reinstalled and it still did not work. Then when I shut the ignition off and turned it...
  13. M

Mine has 140k. The only attempt at fixing it so far was the tranny flush, that did nothing.
  14. M

I have a 94 Explorer. From a stop the auto transmission will not shift out of 1st until around 4000 rpm. All other shifting is normal. I happens with both a hot and cold engine. I have just flushed the tranny and replaced the filter, the problem is still there. Any suggestions?
Back