Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Rough idle at start on cold days

Hello. My 1991 sport has developed a new issue this winter. On cold days, usually 40 degrees or below, the engine will have a rough idle at start up. The idle is very noticeable, from outside the truck it sounds like a"chugging" type sound and if I try to drive the acceleration is rough and...
  2. T

Coolant leak from timing cover??

Since my above post I bought some of that copper leak sealer for the coolant system since I had the leak at the timing cover and two pin hole leaks in the radiator. It has been probably 3 or 4 weeks since putting in the sealer and it hasn't leaked since. So I guess that would be my...
  3. T

91 Sport Engine "Clunking" Noise

What is this noise??? Here is the video, you can hear the noise real good near the end of the clip. Like I said before there is no power loss and it doesn't always do it. For instance after I recorded this clip I drove a couple miles farther to some large hills where I thought it would make the...
  4. T

An Update... I took the truck back to my local mechanic to have him work on the coolant leak and while it was there I asked him to look into the rattle/clunk noise. Well, long story short, after sitting at his garage for 3 weeks he said he can't hear the problem. So I picked the truck up last...
  5. T

I will check that when I get home, I was also told to see if the oil is milky. Btw, the coolant leak I was speaking of is from the timing cover.
  6. T

Coolant leak from timing cover??

I'm interested in this as well. Does anyone have an update??? My 91 Sport is leaking at the same spot, took it to my local mechanic and he said it pressure tested fine, but to actually fix it would be a big job. If the engine have to be removed I can see why. The truck has 190,000mi on it and...
  7. T

Forgot to mention that the truck does have an off and on anti-freeze leak that seems to be farther back from the radiator. It only seems to leak every now and then, and usually when it's not running. The radiator and reservoir never run dry. I did have the system pressure tested the other day at...
  8. T

I noticed on the drive home the other day that the engine in my 91 sport is making a very noticeable "clunking" or "knocking" noise when accelerating. It's even worse going up hills, but at idle or when going down hills you can not hear it. The noise is loud enough that I can hear it outside the...
  9. T

Where Can I Find a New Upper Spring Bucket?

Does anyone know where I can get an entire new upper spring seat for a 91 Sport 4x4? My driver side one is rusted so bad that it actually has a hole in it.
  10. T

Hello from PA

Wow! Hey Zapper! I was wondering if anyone from the old F150 World might be around this forum. I popped in once or twice over at the old site in the last 5+ years and don't recognize anyone there any more. Good to see you are still around and doing well. Your trucks look good.
  11. T

Hello from PA

Hanover. Right around York and Gettysburg.
  12. T

Hello from PA

Hello from Pennsylvania. About two weeks ago I picked up a 1991 Explorer Sport. I have always been a Ford truck fan and I'm already thinking of things to do to my new ride. My very first vehicle was a 1995 F150, since then I have had 4 cars and it is nice to have a truck again for a second...
  13. T

Knocking when hitting bumps

I just bought a 1991 Sport for winter driving and I also have the knocking when hitting bumps in the road. I was going to replace the shocks anyway, but now I know to get the bushings too. Thanks! http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ENS-4-7110R/
Back