Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Help me please! I have knocking after a tune up.

wish me luck.... So i just got up and im about to go at my truck again. I havent pulled the other 4 plugs out but i will today. along with checking the manifold bolts. is there any type of additive i could to help them. you know like block seal?? please lemme know. Thanks, and good morning!! lol
  2. T

uh-ohh..... doesn't look good.... so i went to check my plugs, and guess what.... oil on my #1 plug, and the 2nd one covered in soot. so lets try and find something besides my piston rings that could cause that, i'm crossing my fingers for anything that doesnt require my engine to be torn apart.
  3. T

it has a little over 200k, so i would have to say yes. lol but it doesnt do it when i take the belt off. and if you are looking at the pullys when it makes the noise, the tensioner pully moves with the sound. and i just replaced that along with the belt, power steering pump, oh and last night i...
  4. T

So now i got it down to back firing and no power... with some more backfireing. I cleaneg the egr and ta few other things, then i started it and it backfires, andnow it has even less power..... this is getting depressing...
  5. T

plugs i put autolites in it. but they werent platinums, so i dont know if that would cause ot or not. and its only when i give it gas. then it sounds like a loud marble in a can.....very loud. and no, i mean NO power. and all the fluid levels are good
  6. T

wires in order all the wires are in order. it only makes the noise when i am acelerating. and i ran the obd tester, and everything i checked and fixed, and there isnt a check engine light on now. i havent really driven it far enough to turn on though anything else?.
  7. T

I know someone on here has had my problem... well, hopefully. I did a tune up on my 94 explorer, i did the plugs, wires, and fuel filter. then when i started it and tried to drive, it was making a horible knocking. so needless to say now i have replaced the throttle pulley, serp. belt, coil...
Back