Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Has anyone seen locks like these on a toolbox?

I did not. I ended up buying a fullsize truck with another toolbox (that had keys). I have seen a few of these boxes on Craigslist; I recommend looking there to possibly pick up a box with keys on there if you are looking.
  2. N

Low Idle after cleaning IAC and Throttle Body

Well, since it had trouble idling and nothing else, I figured I'd try a new IAC valve - fixed it right up! Idle's normally now. For those who may have a bad one and are thinking of cleaning it, I was able to clean mine once with success, however this time cleaning it may have done more hard than...
  3. N

Low Idle after cleaning IAC and Throttle Body

Hi all, I've got an small issue that I'd like some opinions on before I start throwing parts at my truck - '96 4.0 stock Ranger. I cleaned the IAC and throttle body this weekend using throttle body cleaner, and after I put it all back together, the truck idles very low, usually 450-500 RPM...
  4. N

Wanted Ford Ranger/Explorer seat belt buckle

My bulb is burnt out anyway - no need for the wiring! :)
  5. N

95-01 Explorers parting out

Any seatbelts that look like this one?:
  6. N

Wanted Ford Ranger/Explorer seat belt buckle

I am looking for a drivers side seat belt buckle for my 1996 Ford Ranger extended cab. I beleive the passenger side will also work. The picture of the one I need to replace is below, with the plastic sheath next to it. I do not need the plastic part, just the buckle assembly itself. It does not...
  7. N

96 Ranger 4x4 lights flash, click under dash

My 96 Ranger recently started flashing the 4x4 lights at random times, usually one flash at a time, and the truck will kind of rev when it does this at slow speeds. In addition, when the lights flash, I can hear a clicking under the dash, and sometimes when this happens and I put the truck in...
  8. N

Wanted 93-97 Ford Ranger Fog Light Glass Cover and Drivers Side Carpet Plastic

Doesn't look as though mine has a blue ring on the inside; just a grey colored "guard" over the bulb and the reflective back. I've attached a picture of my broken fog cover.
  9. N

I don't think my has any blue ring; although I'm not exactly sure what I'd be looking for to find that out. To me it just looks like the standard glass fog's.
  10. N

I'm looking for the drivers side glass cover for the fog lamp (round style from the 93-97 models); mine had a rock thrown up at it and got cracked. I'm also looking for the black plastic piece that holds the carpet down next to the drivers side door (not sure exactly what it's called). Its about...
  11. N

Ranger owners - do you get brights flashed at you alot while driving at night?

Quick question for you Ranger owners; do you get brights flashed at you alot while night driving? I'd say I get about 4 out of every 10 cars that will flash me, and I don't have any special lights, just the standard Sylvania replacements. It doesn't matter if I have dims and fogs, or just dims...
  12. N

08 winch bumpers

Start by re-wording your original post so that others can begin to understand it. You know, use capital letters, periods, commas, etc.
  13. N

Has anyone tried a remote start ADD ON for the OEM keyless entry?

Ended up putting in the Bulldog RS102 over the course of the last few nights (starter portion one night, lock/unlock/lights the next). Works fine using the Bulldog keyfob, and it'll be fine for what I need for the winter months. It definitely has a better range than the stock remote - works...
  14. N

I ended up finding a Bulldog model RS102 in our storage area, and I'm wondering if there is any way to integrate that into the use of the original remote - if not, an extra remote isn't a big deal in the winter, just curious at this point. Thanks!
  15. N

Doors full of water and dome lights not working

I'll second it most likely being that 3rd brake light. I have taken mine off multiple times to run antenna cable for my XM and cell phone booster, and each time I put it back on I have to use "Goop" (a sealant), or a liquid gasket, and then once I have it tightened on, use more to run a "bead"...
  16. N

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for it?
  17. N

I'm wondering if anyone has installed or used a remote start add on for the OEM keyless entry. I figure, I have remote lock/unlock in my Ranger, why add a whole new keyless enty/alarm/remote start just to get remote start, if I can buy an add on kit? I found one here and here (Ebay link) and for...
  18. N

02 4.0 cat-back???

The sound is pretty decent. I can hear it (fairly loud) inside the cab when pulling out from a stop (such as at a stop sign or light) and it evens out once I hit ~40 MPH; at that point I can still hear it a little inside the cab. It seems to have given me a bit more power in the lower gears...
  19. N

02 4.0 cat-back???

I put a flowmaster super 44 dual kit on my 4.0 L this summer, ended up really nice. Doesn't sound like someone put a "walmart" muffler on their Dodge neon, but obviously it doesn't have the depth that you'd get from a V8 engine; kind of somewhere in the middle. Got the muffler, piping, hangers...
  20. N

Ranger automatic "up" window module install - window goes up a few inches at a time

Looks like that was it, tried it this morning, and it worked perfect. Thanks!
  21. N

Ranger automatic "up" window module install - window goes up a few inches at a time

This may need to go in the modified section, but I wouldn't qualify this as too modified. I just got an automatic window module, and I installed it as the driver's side "up" module, for automatic up on the drivers side. I followed the instructions at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/296394/22 (I...
  22. N

94 Ranger cannot read error codes

OBDII didn't start until 96', that's why you aren't getting any codes. There are ways to read codes off of pre '96 vehicles though, search and you'll find out how.
  23. N

fuel pump doesn't stop priming

OBDII didn't start coming equipped until '96 model vehicles. Code reader's use the OBDII standard....
  24. N

Has anyone seen locks like these on a toolbox?

Found an old molded plastic toolbox behind the house the other day, and of course, no keys for the locks. I've looked a few times to try and find replacements, with no luck. The toolbox seems to have no brand, the only wording on it is "WorkBox" on the top of each "door". The lock assembly has a...
  25. N

I want to part of a this badly

No one is trying to joke, but you don't come on a message board and ask complete strangers to cover you for something you don't NEED. I go by this saying personally - "If you don't have the EXTRA cash in hand to pay for it, then you don't really need it." If you don't have enough funds to cover...
Back