Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Running 91-94 Ranger/Explorer engines on A9L/A9P ECU

I'm doing a 4.0 swap on my b2 and started looking for the strategy files for the 4.0 ecus. After realizing there weren't any out there that were free I decided to look into using an ecu with open source tuning support, which is the A9L ecu from a fox body mustang. This ecu was built to run a 302...
  2. F

For Sale All 4.0 Performance parts on my truck/5sp trans/hurst - IN

It's sold as well... ONLY thing left: 90mm maf 4.0 2wd 5sp trans obd2 ecu and harness SCT xcal3
  3. F

if it isn't modified there is no reason to put a large maf on it
  4. F

here are some pictures of the heads Heads and Cam still for sale
  5. F

the ecu and wiring is all you'd need after the proper wiring modification to allow it to hook up to an obd1 vehicle and an obd2 port (which i can include as well)
  6. F

For Sale Trickflow Stage 1 Cam SBF - IN

works in a 302 or 351w $140 shipped
  7. F

For Sale 4.0 OHV Paxton Supercharger Kit - IN

Sounds good! Sale pending
  8. F

watch this video for what the blower sounds like going down the track there is a blue mustang, then my truck in the same video at 1:33
  9. F

ONLY thing left: 90mm maf 4.0 2wd 5sp trans obd2 ecu and harness SCT xcal3 Tranny has about 80k miles on it, strong slave $200 90mm lightning maf - $80 with the filter and adapters sct tuner xcal3 - $300 4.0 obd2 wiring for auto or manual with ecu to go along with it - $100 or $350 if...
  10. F

yes these kits will fit the early ohv motors.
  11. F

Would like to have a serious buyer for this in early November ish when I start tearing my truck down to get it ready for the bigger power plant. This is the old Paxton kit that was made back in the 90s, this kit has very low miles on it! It's an sn93 headunit that will make 5-7 pounds of boost...
  12. F

01 sport - 4.0 SOHC STS turbo charged (Project complete)

this thread needs way more pictures lol
  13. F

Project: Paxton Charged 4.0

Yes but that stuff doesn't effect out of boost driveability.. But idk, bought parts to make aboost leak tester for$3.50 so ill see what I find tonight
  14. F

The problem isn't "loosing boost" persay.. I still make what I made before.. The issue is there is air getting out while at a steady cruise that is causing driveability issues
  15. F

Yes I agree, if it isn't in the cooler I should be about to take care of it
  16. F

im gonna build a little leak tester and see if i can find where it leaks from.. if i can great, if not well o well i guess
  17. F

yeah it's air to air.. and it's probably coming back off until i have more time to mess with it. for it to be reliable the pipes need to be bead rolled so they don't come off (had that happen today) and the air fuel is wack at cruising now so not sure if there is a boost leak or something.. but...
  18. F

ebay special. intake temps were 120 - 130 on a coolish day. Today the ambient temp was 65, intake temps about 70
  19. F

doesn't really defeat the purpose, but kinda does the same thing.. or run both and an aggress tune!
  20. F

crank that thing up man, yeah the only thing i'd be worried about would be spark knock... but add an intercooler and that would be solved. if i was keeping this setup in my truck after this summer id throw most boost at it, but meh. if it was a roots blower the tq would be higher I'm sure
  21. F

yes sir. i put this intercooler on but I've got a boost leak.. annoying... gotta figure out what is leaking now.. blah
Back