Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Help Identifying broken pieces under valve cover

Bought the haynes manual, been reading up on how to do this. Now it's official. I'm way over my head with this project. The vehicle has 180,000 + miles on it. I'ts not worth 3 grand to bring it to ford. Does anyone know a mechanic in NJ that can do this job resonably? Thanks again guys, Frank
  2. F

Excelent Man you guys are good. I now know the problwm, and about what I face. But 2000StreetRod has got the best question of all. Can the guide assembly be replaced by just removing the tensioner, sprocket on the camshaft and the guide assembly lower mounting bolt? If so do I have to remove...
  3. F

Upper left cassette I appreciate the quik reply. In the photo of the replacement kit, the broken parts I have look like a part of the plastic guide on the chain assembly in the middle. Is that the upper left cassette? does anyone know if the jackshaft sprocket can be removed with the engine in...
  4. F

http://s891.photobucket.com/albums/ac120/Frank00_photo/98%20Explorer%20SOHC/ Check the above link for pics of the problem. 1998 4.0 SOHC started stalling and a BAD rattling noise under valve cover. Pulle the cover off and found these parts rattling around. I really need to know what to do...
Back