Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

'02 XLT 4WD problems, need help!

From what I have heard/read, it shouldn't have any adverse effect on your vehicle. Scenarios that I heard might happen: 1) works like mine did right off the bat 2)Will only get you 4x4 auto and 4x4 high...no 4x4 low 3) No work at all. My .02 cents is that it is worth a try!
  2. P

BigRondo, Here's the info on my old module: 2C54-7H473BD Motorola model 2mU152NC04 Date code: 02119 Serial 4X4Cm PP-MD20
  3. P

That was exactly what I did and happened to luck out as it worked with my XLT. Definately worth a chamce at the price. Good luck!
  4. P

beakman, See link below. Looks like he has 6 more units. $35 plus $8 shipping. Unit is brand new from what I can tell. I had to take a chance at that price...
  5. P

suehoney218, Well, I finally fixed the issue. It was the control module behind the glove box. Plugged in a new one I found on Ebay for $42 for the 2002-2005 Explorer and it was all it took. Also make sure that your front tires are at 30psi and rear at 35psi as per the sticker on the door...
  6. P

Well, hubs are replaced, tires are relatively new (6 mths and not a daily driver), tire pressure checked and problem still persists. Looked at the fuses to 4x4 module under hood and under driver's side panel, all OK, still replaced them. So, next to try will be probably the module behind the...
  7. P

I was referring to the 4x4 shift motor located on the transfer case as I heard that these were problematic. I heard the same thing about the module. 1st thing in the morning, I will check #5 fuse interior panel and also the 17 and 18 in the panel under the hood. Will keep you posted...
  8. P

2002 Ford Explorer XLT 4.6 V8>>>4x4 won't engage...dash light blinks 4x4alow and 4x4 high simultaneously ramdomly. No 4x4 in any mode when buttons are pushed. The front wheel bearing hubs have been making noise and I had them both replaced today (there was no change to the 4WD issue). The 4wd...
  9. P

2002 Ford Explorer XLT 4.6 V8>>>4x4 won't engage...dash light blinks 4x4alow and 4x4 high simultaneously ramdomly. No 4x4 in any mode when buttons are pushed. The front wheel bearing hubs have been making noise and I am having them both replaced tomorrow (could this be related to the 4wd...
Back