Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

first gen brake light prblems.....ugh

Ok well I just took my 94 EB out of two years of storage last week. Since it sat a few small things have started to happen. Most noticeable is that my brake light don't always come on. Turn signals, hazards, and running lights function normal. Now the brake lights do work but not constant. I was...
  2. B

92 X wont rev past 2000 rpm,

Welp went and started the X and let it run a few minutes before I pulled it into the garage and now it's having no problem hitting 4500+ going down the road. Has me stumped. Still think a wise decision will be for sure a fuel filter and depending on bills and what not a new fuel pump in the next...
  3. B

Thanks I'll definitely have to check fuel pressure. I have ran out of gas a couple times and the feeling of running out of gas is what the trucks doing but anything under the now up to 2600 rpm runs perfect. I've had a couple people tell me to change the fuel filter. I do know sooner or later I...
  4. B

Thanks for a suggestion wherer to start looking. Would that cause the engine to cut out and pops and sputter.
  5. B

Not running rough at idle or revving up till 2000 and no CEL either. We're having a good thaw outside here in Michigan and kinda deep puddles around on all the streets. Is it possible something got wet and is being finicky?
  6. B

Hey all looking for quick help. Need to get to work. 92 x starts up fine and idles fine but won't rev past 2000 rpm in park or drive. Tried to pull out of my street this morning and all was well until it hit 2000 rpms. It will run fine under but as soon at it reaches 2000 rpm it pops and...
  7. B

HELP 92 X new batt and alt not chargeing

whelp, froze my ass off for about 5 mins in the 12in+ deep snow and negative wind chills here in Michigan and can happily say it was the fastest fix I've ever done. it was indeed the 15amp fuse. stole the one for the hood light and she's working perfect now. thanks again for the troubleshooting...
  8. B

thanks turdle, thank god I have a nice boss. talked to him tonight and told me not to worry and to take the day off tomorrow and try to get the issue figured out. ill be working on this first thing in the morning. this diagram will help out big time. thinking outloud with the fusible links, I do...
  9. B

Malohnes - I do all the work myself on my trucks but when it comes to electrical im kinda in the dark. Never ran into this type of problem before. I went through and cleaned all connections. I did notice when I installed the new alternator ( for the second time) the wire end that bolts on the...
  10. B

Hey all, Wondering if anyone has had the same problem as I'm having. Alternator went out suddenly, purchased an new one and had my battery tested and charged at my local battery shop but it's still not charging. Battery light is on and guage is at the N of normal. I need to get it fixed fast...
  11. B

1992 X leaking freeze plug and other engine issues.

Ok...well to start out its a 1992 Xplorer xlt with 166600 miles. I bought it Dec, 2011. ($700) Since ive owned it there has been lifter tick and the ocasional drop in oil pressure. first oil change there was 1/8th iinch of slug on the drain plug and had to usea screwdriver to unblock clogs. Its...
  12. B

1992 X Transmission problems

Help, my 1992 wont go into gear untill it warms up and overdrive works when it feels likes it want to:wtf:. Normly have to start the beast up 15-20 mins before i go somewhere. This however didnt start to happen untill it started getting real cold out and dosent seem to happen as bad/if any on...
  13. B

Rear Brakes Locking Up

The last post on here is almost a year old but thought id add my 2cents since i just came across the same exact issues as stated on other posts on my 92X. The parking brake was partialy on and couldnt be lossend/released any further, now I know many shops as well as others on this site may say...
  14. B

How to: Prevent a Fire Hazard!

Well to late for me...already had a small fire and now no low speeds for my heat. Thanks for the how to thread. Defiantly going to be my weekend project.
  15. B

Fluctuating Temp

Having the same problem with my 92. New temp sensor and stat with new coolent flush and it also "floats" around. Signing on to this on
  16. B

92 wiring problems......

My 92 x has a few wireing problems. First thing i noticed when i bought it was it has a push bitton start. The ignotion tumbler is bad is what im told. Second thing i noticed was the is no power without the key on (no domelights). The keys gets turnd to the on position and everytging works...
  17. B

94 steering gearbox slop

well ive been busy the past few days but finaly got around to tackeling this task. i ended up only having to tighten it about 5/8ths of a turn. this was after four times of tightening then driving it to check everything. (didnt want to overtighten and possibly blow it apart) however im pretty...
  18. B

94 steering gearbox slop

Hey thanks man...really appreciate the help!
  19. B

94 steering gearbox slop

94 x with a bit of steering slop (just hit 280xxx miles tonight). it has all new front end steering/suspension part(within 4000 miles) except steering gear box and pitman arm.i already know my best bet would be to just replace it but ive heard you can tighten up older ford steering boxes...is...
  20. B

92 temp guage goes way up then back down...

my 92 X has a wandering temp guage. after about 2 miles of driving the temp guage rises to the high side of normal then back down to mid to low on normal...its even running high at highway speeds then goes down to low normal and will stay there. ive just replaced all coolent, stat, and temp...
  21. B

Speedometer not working. New Speedocable

I have the same problem on my 94 X too. My speedo just bobs up and down from 0-25 mph then from there up it decides. However mines only does it when its cold. If its middle of summer its dead on perfect.
  22. B

Ticking noise is driving me crazy...stuck lifter?

Lol yeah... It seems every Explorer,Ranger or Bronco II i see around in my area has a tick or.chatter of some sort. Its just a nice not having to worry about it anymore and made me.happy accomplishing the task. It was a bit out of my comfort zone but all workd out Great work on your explorer...
  23. B

Thanks again for the advice jd4242...it was a nice day out today so i figured id tinker around with the engine. It was indeed worn rockers...was only able to get the drivers side done today due to needing the truck tomorrow but Two were really bad (worn in about 1/16in) and the rest were mildly...
  24. B

Nice...ill probly pull off the drivers side valve cover this weekend..easier to get to as well as where the noise seems to me coming from. By chance could this noise im hearing be a bad injector ticking real loud too?
  25. B

michgan color run

Lol...then i woukdnt be sure if either would come back...jk. It is a good idea. Idk...my 92 has some back engine ticking and im super busy to try and work on her.
Back