Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Solved 1998 - 2002 Ford Explorer Stereo Wiring Diagrams ARE HERE!!!!!

I was unable to accomplish that feat after trying two aftermarket harnesses that promised to do just that. I finally gave up and rewired harness to my JVC radio. Chuck
  2. C

I'll see if I still have my handwritten wiring diagram, though I may have thrown it away. Chuck
  3. C

Does your Explorer have the premium sound system? If so, you're probably going to have to go into the right rear panel and rewire the harness. It's not too big of a job, I think it took me about an hour or two to get it completely done. See my message above for a synopsis of what I did. Chuck
  4. C

back seat headrest removal ?

On my 2005 the rear seat headrests are held in with a spring clip. With a small flat blade screwdriver you would dig under the plastic guide carefully, so as not to cut the seat (leather in my case). Look closely and on one side or the other you'll see the spring clip held onto the plastic...
  5. C

The speaker wires are located behind the right rear panel (the lower connector on the amp has the wires to the speakers, if I remember correctly). What I ended up doing was pulling the panel off and cutting and splicing wires so that I could get the wires up front to coincide with the the...
  6. C

Thanks for sharing the pinout. I'll compare it to the one in the car and post a picture here so that others can see the module (and thereby avoid any potential copyright issues).
  7. C

Yup, sure enough, I missed looking at that schematic. I wonder if I can drive the antenna signal to the Orange/Lt Blue wire with the output of the aftermarket stereo. I seem to recall from this thread, or another that I read, that the polarity is reversed to raise and lower the antenna. Given...
  8. C

Reading through this thread, and looking at the various schematics (none of the schematics look exactly like what I have), I have yet to find out what drives the antenna. On my 1995 Explorer with the premium JBL sound system, the antenna goes directly back to the amp behind the right rear panel...
  9. C

How to: Speedometer Gear Color Code Specification Chart With Formulas, And Ford Part Numbers.

Yes, that's the drawing (what's the secret to inserting it here?). I don't know what the torque is, but it was damn tight. So tight that I actually twisted the head off my 1/2" torque wrench while trying to take one apart in a wrecking yard (my university, why experiment on my car). So I just...
  10. C

How to: Speedometer Gear Color Code Specification Chart With Formulas, And Ford Part Numbers.

I'd like to post a diagram of the 1995 transfer case I acquired, but I'm having a bit of a problem figuring out how post the picture. The link to my picasa web page did not work.
  11. C

I dropped the driveline (12mm -12 point) and took the yoke off (30mm socket). Pulled the seal off and with a dental pick, was able to pull the speedometer drive gear out (after previously removing the vehicle speed sensor and the driven gear). Other than the torques involved, not too difficult...
  12. C

Not the driven gear, but the drive gear behind the yoke? Does that one nut allow the yoke to be pulled off? Thanks for the picture. Chuck
  13. C

Can the drive gear be removed without splitting the transfer case?
Back