Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

How To: Fix the Door Ajar Problem

It looks like synyster hasn't posted in over a year. He may no longer be active here. You might get a response if you pm him/her. Good luck.
  2. D

Need some help with shocks

Thanks, man. Are you running those on all four corners or does the rear need something different?
  3. D

Those Sensa-Tracs look like they're just shocks. I had a guy at a garage tell me that I should look into a coil-over kit. Is that overkill or the wrong thing entirely. I don't have a spring compressor so I imagine I can't really replace just the shocks without that, huh?
  4. D

So I've been driving my '02 XLT since May of '03 and the shocks (front especially) are starting to sound and feel pretty worn. I'm pretty able-bodied when it comes to mechanical stuff. I can change out rotors and pads and I'm not afraid to tear interior panels off to replace switches and stuff...
  5. D

The sensor isn't in there by the hinges. It's actually in the latch mechanism. Give the latch mechanism on the back of the door a good spray of wd-40. If you check your maintenance recommendations in your manual it actually says that you should periodically lubricate ALL of your latches.
  6. D

Your problem seems really similar to mine with the exception of the alarm. Mine never went off like that. But I used to have the problem quite often. I sprayed all my latches right around Christmas and haven't seen the issue crop up since.
  7. D

If I were you I'd try the WD-40 thing first. A healthy shot in each latch on the car can do wonders.
  8. D

Oh, It bothered me. But it would only happen for about 5 or 10 minutes after getting in the car and then only when cold out. The event that broke the proverbial camel's back was when my dome lights wouldn't shut off long after the car was shut off. Did some quick research and found the wd-40...
  9. D

I just fixed mine, too. Fortunately mine was as simple as spraying wd-40 into my latches. I can't believe that I let the issue continue on and off for 3 or 4 years when the solution was so simple.
Back