Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel

Just remember...buying something from Chrysler isn't buying American any more. More foreign owned crap.
  2. M

Transmission issues, reflash didnt work

Sorry, but Damn...$250 for a reflash is insane. Even out of warranty my dealership only charged me like $65 - I think it was like one labor hour, since all they do is plug in a scan tool for two minutes and it is done.. To get back to the issue, I went through the same thing. I swore that it...
  3. M

Front Wheel Hubs/Bearings

I know there are many posts on this board regarding changing out wheel bearings, but I can find any detailed information out there regarding the actual procedure (aside from the fact that there are 3 bolts holding the part on and it is easy enough to do yourself). I have almost 84k miles on my...
  4. M

Front Wheel Hubs/Bearings

I know there are many posts on this board regarding changing out wheel bearings, but I can find any detailed information out there regarding the actual procedure (aside from the fact that there are 3 bolts holding the part on and it is easy enough to do yourself). I have almost 84k miles on my...
  5. M

New Ford Explorer Sport: Fuel-Efficient, High-Performance SUV

I have to say that after thinking about it a little, I really hope that Ford can let the EcoBoost engine be available on all trim levels. Having it only on a top of the line model does not make sense given the competition - namely the Jeep Grand Cherokee. In all reality, thins engine is on-par...
  6. M

New Ford Explorer Sport: Fuel-Efficient, High-Performance SUV

Getting back to the Explorer Sport towing aspect for a second... Is this going to be like the Edge, where you can get the Sport equipped with the special 20" wheels and upgraded towing package, but yet you can't tow more than 1000 or 2000 lbs. because of those wheels? Hope they offer smaller...
  7. M

OEM Tire Alternative

Woops, sorry the All Terrains were on my last truck (a Ranger) I now have BFG Long Trail TA Tours on the Sport Trac.
  8. M

OEM Tire Alternative

My Michelins also only lasted about 40k miles as well. Many times OEM will use tires with lower treadwear rating numbers because they are softer (which is an easy way to lower noise/improve braking numbers). For replacement, I used BFGoodrich All Terain TA Tours, and they already have about 45K...
  9. M

adrenalin AWD transfer case ?'s

Forget about "SJB" - the smart junction box has nothing to do with it. Having said that, my previous answer was a little wrong too. The 4x4CM is currently configured as a 1-speed in your truck, but it is not from calibration in this module (as it was in some other Ford trucks). It gets a...
  10. M

It is in the 4x4CM. I know that for a fact. The question is: For that model year whether it is just the calibration in the module, or if they separated the HW variant to actually depopulate the driver components as well for cost savings. The easiest thing to do may be to find a control...
  11. M

Were Heated Mirrors an option in 07?

I have an '07 Limited that came with heated mirrors - but I do have the heated windshield (which is also really nice) and I don't remember if they were bundled together.
  12. M

It is a 2-speed transfer case because it is cheaper to buy all of one type than to create two different variants (with and without motors/or entirely different 1-speed). In addition to adding the switch (if the harnesses are the same - I'm not sure on this one, but they probably are), you'll...
  13. M

Dash cluster

Also try disconnecting the battery for a couple minutes then reconnecting. I have experienced occasional SW glitches with my cluster, and had to do this once to start the vehicle.
  14. M

Transmission Issues

Thanks for the reply. I did change the fuel filter about 10,000 miles ago, so hopefully that isn't bad already. One thing I did try is simply hitting the OD button to toggle OD OFF then back ON. It actually has taken care of the problem - at least for now - it has only been a day, but we'll...
  15. M

Transmission Issues

Hi Everyone. One new concern that has came up for me, and I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this: When driving between 40-60MPH and trying to accelerate gently, my transmission will begin to jerk repeatedly until I either let off the trottle or push harder. I don't really...
  16. M

Problem

I've had the same thing happen to me in the past as well. After some research, it seems that this isn't very uncommon and is due (at least in part/some cases) to a glitch in the cluster. The first few symptome were just weird indicators, but then finally the truck wouldn't start. A simple...
  17. M

2010 adrenalin battery problem

A couple comments with regards to the vehicle going to sleep: You should be able accelerate the car going to sleep using your key fob - put your current meter in line with the car awake and possbly some accessories on. Then turn the key to OFF - the current will probably drop at this point...
  18. M

Limited Wheels

Even if they are a cover, they still look better longer than the aluminum Limited wheels I have - or I should say both sets that I have had (because of the corrosion issues). I would be interested in buying a set of the chromes too, if the price is right.
  19. M

Adrenalin wheel problem!!

Same thing here... I've had the same problem with the wheels on my MY07 ST Ltd, and on the aluminum wheels on my last truck, a Ranger. I did have all the wheels replaced under warranty at 36k miles, but the same thing is happening to the new ones. Whether it be salt or whatever, Ford puts out...
  20. M

Tonneau hard cover water leaks

You could also go to a different dealer and "test drive" another trac (if you find one close enough), then do a quick swap while you're out... Not that I would ever do anything like that..lol. From the experience that I had with regional managers when I got my '07, I believe that they are just...
  21. M

Wanted neutral tow kit P/N 6L2Z-7H332-A

Just two comments here. From what I remember, you do need to have the indicator LED installed or else diagnostics will not let the t-case shift to Neutral (or at least it didn't in the past, but this may have been eliminated when the micro switch was added). Also, I assume you know that you...
  22. M

Hypertech Max Energy

You may want to follow the directions on this one. The PCM may program fine, but you may mess up the programming of the other units, or the software interface between the modules. If you can find the fuses (owner's manual), it may save you time and money over having to have things reprogrammed...
  23. M

Question before buyig a 2010 ST

Don't waste your time/money with the 6 cyl. I have had this engine in a Ranger before my ST, and because it is ancient the fuel economy is the same or worse than my V8, and there is a big performance difference. When I bought my ST, the price difference was under $1000, and definitely worth...
  24. M

2007 Sport Trac Limited Brakes

I'm approaching 50K and the rears are lower than the fronts. I'll be replacing pretty soon, and I'll keep you posted. Thanks.
  25. M

2007 Sport Trac Limited Brakes

I have a 2007 ST Limited 4WD, and it is getting to the point where I need to start thinking about replacing the brakes. Any suggestions on the best pads (front and rear) to buy? Thanks in advance.
Back