Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

JUST WANT TO SAY THANK YOU to everyone involved here with this issue. My wifes 2013 explorer finally....FINALLY got the smell fixed with the TSB. Rant to follow The local POS dealer here in my local area AUTOMAX FORD, Killeen TX took our explorer for a full day and gave it back saying they...
  2. D

Ok, what do i tell the service department to describe the situation. Is there some kinda service number or other means to get this issue addressed? Thanks in advance!
  3. D

Someone contacted us today from Ford about or 2013 issue. We should be able to bring vehicle to another dealer in the next week or so. Probably Mac Haik Ford in Round Rock, TX. They still dont know what the issues is though or even if they can fix it.
  4. D

Deteriorated Body Mounts

They will squeak if you don't have the bolt tightened far enough
  5. D

Add me to the list of 2013 explorer with exhaust smell in the cabin under hard acceleration. Mine has been doing it since we bought the car 4 months ago! Dealer here says they cant duplicate the problem and that its normal! WTF They had my car all day to tell me this! Ive owned 3 Ford cars...
  6. D

Deteriorated Body Mounts

I just used a metal pipe on the end of my 1/2 breaker bar to get the proper leverage. Cutting would be WAY more work IMO. Just use a torch or something to heat up the bold in advance would make it a lot easier. Ford doesnt make some of those bushings so i wouldnt cut anything until i had...
  7. D

Deteriorated Body Mounts

Got them all in tonight except the front right. Snapped that bolt head right off. Otherwise done! My goodness this was quite a chor.
  8. D

Deteriorated Body Mounts

I got it to loosen a little bit, then it started to bind and bent my vice grips! So, an 18" pipe wrench then. Ill give that a shot.
  9. D

I have a 2013 and im having the EXACT same problem with exhaust smell in cabin under hard acceleration. Took it to our local dealer here in Killeen, TX and they could not duplicate it and sent me packing. I guess its my problem and they kept telling me its normal. BS, i have owned several...
  10. D

Deteriorated Body Mounts

Ok, trying to tackle this job with my 01 sport in my garage. I got the daystart sport track kit. Any tips on what tools i will need to get the damn bolts out? I have an impact wrench but the bolts will not budge.
  11. D

Explorer Sport 01 Fuel w/full tank reading 3/4

Its driving me batty! I hate having non fully functional vehicles!
  12. D

Explorer Sport 01 Fuel w/full tank reading 3/4

When i fill up, my tank only goes up to 3/4 full until about 70 or so miles and then starts to operate properly. Any ideas?
  13. D

my 2001 sport rides real rough

Did you check the body mounts? They isolate the body to the frame. My car felt like new when i replaced them.
  14. D

my 2001 sport rides real rough

Body mounts made my 01 sport really stiff. I replaced shocks first and then the body mounts fixed the rough ride. Does it make any banging noises when you go over bumps?
  15. D

2001 ford explorer sport 4.0 SOHC

If its any consolation, my 01 sport 4.0 idles between six and eight but its always wavering. Its never completely constant. Tried the cleaning the IAC valve?
  16. D

2001 Ex Sport dim lights when accelerating

Its not the battery that dies it reverts to battery power. Brand new battery. I just went back to NAPA and they exchanged the alternator. Hope that was it.
  17. D

I just replaced it last year and its only got around 6 months run time on it. I just restarted it at home and works fine at idle showing arond 14.4v but when driving a long time it goes intermittent and then quit. So you think i got a dying alternator? Im taking it back to NAPA in the morning...
  18. D

Update on the way home tonight the battery light kept coming on and off and diming the lights back and forth. Then finally the battery light came on until i got home. I restarted the car and it went away. Any ideas?
  19. D

I have just, in the last year, replaced my battery and alternator. Idle pulley is fairly new as well. When im driving at night and accelerating above 50mph my lights will go dim like the alternator cut off and went to battery power. When i release the gas it goes back to normal? Any ideas...
  20. D

2001 explorer sport cruise control not working

Thanks, ive been slacking on the recall but now i have some motivation. Thanks for the reply.
  21. D

2001 explorer sport cruise control not working

Is that the recall part? I have the exact same issue with my 2001 sport and looks like some fluid leaking from the master cylinder switch too.
  22. D

01 expl-sport loud knocking in rear over bumps

I had the same issue with my 2001 sport. The rear frame bushings wore out and the banging noise going over bumps was enough to make me postal by the end of the drive. Seems like you all have figured out the culprit. I had 4 of these mounts put on/ cut out and replace by a dealer and it cost...
  23. D

What is causing my harsh ride?

I had serious issues with my harsh rides. i replace shocks which did nothing. The damn body mounts were worn and hitting. Made alot of noise just going over small bumps. It almost sounded like it was coming from my rear hatch door. Replaced the worn out body mounts and it drives like new...
  24. D

Full fuel tank reads 3/4

I just tried that, i have very little fuel in my tank right now and when i disconnected that plug it my fuel gauge went up to 3/4 tank as if i had just fueled it and no farther.. So im assuming its not the fuel tank or sensor but now i think it might have to be the dash gauge. Any other ideas...
Back