Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

Possible vacuum leak?

I'm having 2 issues which after reading the forums, I think might be related to a possible vacuum leak and wanted to get an opinion on it. I have a 96 Eddie Bauer explorer v6 For about the last 3 months I have only been getting heat to blow through my dash board and not though the vents...
  2. H

Lamp out module help

While going for an oil change I was altered that my passenger side headlamp is out, how I didn't notice that myself I have no idea. The high beams work and my drivers side headlamps and high beam work as well. I pulled out the lamp out module and all the solder joints look good except I...
  3. H

Front end squeaks when turning left

I’ve got a 96 Explorer Eddie Bauer. Since the cold weather has started I’ve noticed that when I turn my steering wheel to the left it makes a squeaking sound. It doesn’t make the sound when I turn to the right though just the left. Anyone have any suggestions on what the issue could be?
  4. H

Second a/c compressor is about to die

I’m on my second air compressor on my 96 Explorer V6 and this one is sounding like it’s going to die again. With my previous one the clutch died and I replaced it with a used one from a member on this forum. Everything had been working great for 5-6 months but then one morning I hit the front...
  5. H

Car pulls left when steering wheel is straight

After looking at my tie rod ends it doesn't even look like they were touched...
  6. H

Not sure if this helps but this was the print out of my alignment before and after.
  7. H

Thanks I’ll give that a try but before I do could you explain a little more exactly I need to do? I just want to make sure I know exactly what to do so I don’t #### anything else up. Like if I’m standing in front on my car which direction to turn each side etc and do I need to make sure the...
  8. H

I finished doing a bunch of front end work, lower ball joints/upper control arms, shocks. I noticed after I was done that when I have my steering wheel dead straight my car pulls to the left, when I let go of the steering wheel the car pulls right. I have to hold the steering wheel in about...
  9. H

Proper Seafoam PCV location

I was wondering where exactly on my 96 Explorer V6 to add Seafoam to the PCV? I’ve read not to add it to the break booster line because it isn’t designed to flow to all cylinders. So I was hoping some with a 96 has a picture of where exactly to administer the Seafoam to.
  10. H

Wanted 96 Explorer V6 - Driver side steering knuckle

I’m looking for the driver side steering knuckle for a 96 Explorer V6 Eddie Bauer.
  11. H

Trouble starting car

Problem solved. The guy who installed my new fuel pump *forgot* to mention that he needed to jump my car every time to get it to start, so I wasn’t aware of this when I got my car back. My car would not start without getting a jump. I took it to Autozone and they said they’d test to see...
  12. H

Trouble starting car

Took my car into the shop and it was the fuel pump. Car *Works* but since getting it back I have an unrelated? problem. My headlights wouldn't turn off when I turned my car off, in fact it drained my car's battery and I had to jump it to get it working. When I jumped it the lights still...
  13. H

Trouble starting car

Shoot I forgot to post what kind of car I had, yes it’s a 96 Explorer Eddie Bauer Edition V6 4.0. I had my step dad check the relay switch and he said that was fine. If not the pump/filter(which I plan on changing tomorrow) what else might the problem be?
  14. H

Trouble starting car

Bad news, on my way home my car completely died. Out of nowhere I lose my power steering/brakes and have to pull over on the side of the road. I tried starting it several times and it sounded like it wanted to start but wouldn’t happen. After several attempts when I put my key into the ON...
  15. H

Trouble starting car

The other day I was completely unable to start my car. It would make the typical noise before the engine get's going except the engine would never start. It would just make the sound like it want's to start but it wouldn't start. I didn't hear the clicking sound that's associated with the...
  16. H

Loud annoying clunk - 96 explorer

My 96 explorer is having a loud clunk on both sides of the front of my car in the area where the tire is. I've taken the tire off and can't really see anything that could be causing the noise. It sounds like the noise when you drive over a sewer. I attached a video of underneath the front end of...
  17. H

Front passenger wiper blade not making contact

I figured out what it was. Turns out that the little nub that the wiper blade arms connects to on the hood of the car by the windshield wasn't making tight contact with the wiper blade control arm. So every time the blade went towards the middle of the window it completely lifted off since it...
  18. H

So just squeeze the hook that the blade attaches too? I'll have to give that a shot. It's just annoying, it get the first 75% of the window but as soon as it get's the the middle it leaves that shark fin spot of my window right near the middle of the window.
  19. H

No the spring is still there, I don't get this issue with either control arm when I use them on the drivers side, just on the passenger side. All the blades I've used are locked in, they make the click noise.
  20. H

Well it's locked in pretty tight, it seems to happen with any blade I put in. I even switched control arms, put the driver side on the passenger side and it still did the same thing.
  21. H

I've recently replaced my passenger wiper blade control arm and installed some rain x latitude blades. They blades works great until it reaches the middle of the windshield. When it gets to the middle the middle of any blade I use it comes off actually and misses a wide area. The tops and bottom...
  22. H

Steering wheel squeaks while turning

I noticed today when pulling up to a drive thru that when I turn my steering wheel left it squeaks. I didn't notice if it did it when I turned right but it does it whenever I turn left for sure. Could this be an upper ball joint?
  23. H

Need Wiring Diagram, Fuse 25 for 97 Sport

nevermind I found my answer
  24. H

CruiseControl falling of steering wheel

I have a 96 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer edition V6. I noticed the other day that when I was setting my cruise control when I pressed the button the entire unit was loose and pushing off of the steering wheel. It looks like it is somehow attached to the airbag cover. Anyone have any advice of...
Back