Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

How to flush/change brake fluid??

Pretty straight forward. I did it the old fashion way and just as the Haynes manual directs. I bought a tubing with a check valve in it from Napa Autoparts for $5 and that was helpful. I repeated the procedure 2 times as there was still dirty fluid coming out, of course the air came out first...
  2. E

How to flush/change brake fluid??

I am getting ready to flush the brake fluid on my 2003 Explorer. From the procedures in the manual and all the posting it seems to be sufficient to just suck the old fluid out and bleed the system. I was thinking of disconnecting the brake lines at each wheel to drain the trapped fluid as well...
  3. E

Fuel Filter Replacement w/pics

My 1st fuel filter replacement was at 65,860 miles. My 2nd replacement at 108,000 (yesterday). The second time was more challenging than the first. It did take about 2-3 hours. I wanted to point out couple of things: 1. Be careful with the plastic clips on the 2 hoses, they can be unlocked with...
  4. E

How To: Fix the Door Ajar Problem

WD-40 worked 100% in my case Thank you for posting the WD-40 approach to fix a Door Ajar Light On problem. Also, thanks to all of you that said it worked for you. This is very helpful and took me 15 min to fix, before starting to open door panels and look for the bad switch. I had an...
Back