Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

HO Alternator - 04 4.0 XLT

Thanks for the quick reply...shot Mike Singer an email with all my requirements. Now the waiting game!
  2. W

HO Alternator - 04 4.0 XLT

YES i did research before posting lol I'm looking to upgrade my alternator due to a strain on my electrical system from accessories. I have a big 3 upgrade already as well as an Yellowtop. I've seen mixed reviews of HO alts on explorers. I believe i would be going with the 220 amp from...
  3. W

NEED HELP with bull bar installation

When i got my bull bar, the brackets attached to the frame just like yours. the hardware that came with the kit had a small piece of wire tack welded onto it, so i could fish it into the frame rail from the front. I took the little plastic covers out from between the bumper and the lower lip and...
  4. W

4.0 went boom, now 4.6

5.0!!!!!!!!
  5. W

2002 Brake and Steering Upgrade Questions

100% right. forgot the intended towing use. too excited about my new auto zone fixation lol, new one opened right by my house. no more ****ty pep boys and their ****ty parts stock never having what i need. carry on :salute:
  6. W

Can't get caliper bolt out

the above picture are the front caliper slide pins. IIRC they spin, as they let the caliper float in and out as you hit the brakes. do you have a picture? and as Numbers said, taking out the CV axle is key to replacing the hub.
  7. W

they seem to work fine for me so far, i have mustang wheels on my ex and they get thoroughly coated with brake dust pretty quickly since they're so open. i only use my truck to drive on the offroad beach though, so i drive about 5 miles through town at 30, then on the beach it's nothing over...
  8. W

Is this a good deal!?

NRA member...dunno if you smoke butts but after owning a few used vehicles owned by smokers...NEVER AGAIN
  9. W

Do you have an AutoZone near you? If so, get your brake stuff there. I just did the following on my 04 4.0: Duralast Gold Rotors (Front & Back) Duralast Gold (ceramic) pads Duralast Calipers All of the duralast stuff comes with a lifetime warranty...including the pads! they told me this when...
  10. W

Free 4.0 thermostat housing!!!

Whats up guys...just got done replacing my whole t-stat housing because i thought it was warped thus the leak. I ordered a new one, installed it to find out the old one wasn't warped, the seal between the lower housing and the block was all smashed up. Since I can't post a for sale thread and...
  11. W

SPL build in progress

i don't see any pictures?? also...regarding the dual battery setup. i have the same truck/options you have...have you looked in the engine bay on the passenger side new the firewall? I was thinking of putting a second battery there in a battery tray. it seems large enough.
  12. W

Longer Wheel Studs?

been using 1.5" spacers on my 04 XLT with 265/70/17 general grabbers on mustang GT wheels. drive highway speeds 70+ and offroad with this setup, 0 problems in 3+ years. you're good to go.
  13. W

Aftermarket exhaust 4.0

Understood understood. Unfortunately I already purchased the 2.25" inlet/outlet 50 series. Noticed a little power increase, and a definite sound increase at lower RPMs. Anything above 2nd gear the sound difference isn't noticeable below 2k RPM. Ideally by removing the cat id hope it broadens the...
  14. W

Aftermarket exhaust 4.0

I have a 2004 v6 xlt 4x4. I don't readily see any o2s after it...I have a feeling he didn't want to deal with going from the 2.25" pipe to the ~3" at the secondary cat inlet. I'll double check tomorrow and see if he was BSing me...pretty sure he was. In the event he was, I may wait a few weeks...
  15. W

Aftermarket exhaust 4.0

Just got the delta 50 series installed yesterday. Sounds great, just one problem. The shop said there is an o2 sensor after the cat so he didn't take it out...how did you guys chop out your cats? I'm looking to go back and get the cat removed...some of you posted that there would be no...
  16. W

New Toy

lets see some pics!!
  17. W

exhaust question

Assuming because the second cat is after the primary cats are coupled together
  18. W

FREE - 3rd Gen 1.5" body lift with bolts + 3rd Gen Window Rain Guards - NIB

The lift kit is spoken for. the window guards are still available if anyone is interested.
  19. W

:thumbsup::thumbsup: PM me your address, ill send you my paypal. Ill try to get the package out tomorrow.
  20. W

Seat covers

those seat covers are great, but extremely expensive. you could always look at a junkyard for a new set of seats.
  21. W

exhaust question

stock piping is 2.25. i'm replacing my muffler this week with a delta 50 series and removing the cat directly before the muffler. center in center out. theres another thread on this a few threads down.
  22. W

Are you going to use it? Or sell it on eBay? It looks like you don't have a 3rd gen to use this on. I want it to go to someone who will use it, not looking to cash in...just give back to the community :us:
  23. W

Bought the parts for the body lift last summer, never got around to putting it on. I bought everything as per the sticky. body lift blocks http://www.amazon.com/Zone-Offroad-Bulk-Tall-Block/dp/B0021IAOQE?tag=viglink20460-20 Bolts from www.boltdepot.com A- 120 mm B- 150 mm C- 110...
  24. W

Aftermarket exhaust 4.0

i grabbed the delta 50 flow master, should be here in a few days. going to have the shop cut the cat out and replace the stock muffler...cant wait to hear it. ill post pics and a sound clip
  25. W

Aftermarket exhaust 4.0

You have the super 40 in right now...did you already run the super 10? I don't really want drone, i want more of a gurgle. my truck goes mainly offroad but i do drive it around town sometimes.
Back