Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Replaced Starter & Bad Connections

Thank you for the help.
  2. N

Replaced Starter & Bad Connections

Greetings, I am having a problem with a repalcement starter. Frequently when I turn the ignition the starter won't start my engine. I installed a new starter and solenoid about a 1.5 years ago. The battery is about the same age. I have had this problem with the replacement starter since it...
  3. N

Need Quick 4x4 help!!!

Gents, I have a similar problem with my 1993 Explorer. The 4x4 button will light up inconsistently. When I do push the 4x4 button there are noises on the back driver side of the vehicle, but sometimes no noise is made. If the 4x4 button and 4x4 light on the dash lights up, the 4x4 does not...
  4. N

Tools to Change '93 Thermostat & How to Access the 3 Bolts?

Thank you gentleman. Do you know what the metal pipe/tubing is? Also, do you know what size socket to use on that bracket. Sorry, for all the questions. I just moved and don't have my tools with me so I have to buy the tools as I go.
  5. N

Tools to Change '93 Thermostat & How to Access the 3 Bolts?

Greetings, I am trying to change the thermostat in my 1993 Explorer Sport 4.0L . I have a replacement t-stat and gasket. The problem is that it is almost impossible to get my ratchets to access the 3 bolts. The metal radiator pipe blocks some bolts and another pipe blocks access to the...
  6. N

Mystery Toggle Switch

Thank you all for the suggestions. I'll try tracing the wires. As you can tell I don't know jack about cars. I'm trying to change that though. Great site!
  7. N

Mystery Toggle Switch

I haven't noticed any change in my truck regardless of position of the switch. I thought it might be a kill switch, but everything seems normal other than my 4x4 won't engage. I bought the truck used so I am unsure whether it's an aftermarket or OEM part.
  8. N

'93 Sport's 4x4 Won't Engage

I found quite abit of info using the search function. Can I can the TC motor without testing all of the electrical points? Thanks
  9. N

Mystery Toggle Switch

Hello All, I have a 1993 Ex. Sport 4x4 that has a toggle switch underneath the steering wheel area and a red LED light to the left of the steering wheel. The truck does have an alarm, but the position of the switch doesn't seem to affect it. Does anyone know what function this switch...
  10. N

'93 Sport's 4x4 Won't Engage

Greetings, I have a 1993 Explorer Sport, AT, with 150k on it. The problem is the 4x4 will not engage. When I press the 4x4 button I hear a faint clicking sound in the left rear of the vehicle but, the light doesn't come on and the truck stays in front wheel drive only. Someone once told me...
Back