Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

Replaced passenger side upper control arm and need an alignment bolt I broke.

I feel like if I don't have this bolt that there is a chance it will "slip" in the slots Also after I took it apart and snapped the bolt, that's when I realized I didnt need to remove it D:
  2. W

Replaced passenger side upper control arm and need an alignment bolt I broke.

I went to the dealership today to hopfully find this stupid little bolt that you can't get at autozone. Their computer would show an exploded view of the left side suspension, not the right. and for the right side all they could find is that it has been "improved" to a one piece design like...
  3. W

For Sale Turboexplorer 98' XLT V8. Selling EBC brakes, Timken Bearings, all IFS parts.

I need that right side knuckle if you still have it!
  4. W

Need to replace what I think is call the steering knuckle.

So I had an incident this weekend;) I'm trying to find a replacment knuckle. (connects top and bottom balljoint, wheel bearing bolts to it, etc...) I've checked autozone and rockauto and can't find it. Any ideas? I need one for an AWD/4wd front end.
  5. W

91-01 spare tire holder.

Mine in my 97 mounty locked up and is no good. Need another in good working order. shipped to 02673.:thumbsup:
  6. W

Factory CD Head Unit

I have the tape player headunit and cd changer
  7. W

For Sale 2002 Explorer Sport Trac 4x4.

Oh how I wish I could afford this *DROOLS*
  8. W

parking brake still doesnt work

I had the rotor off and was pushing the brake in. They are moving outward. I even tried adjusting the adjusts so far out the the brake were rubbing and making the wheels hot as a I drove. I still couldnt get it to pull the brake hard enough to hold it at IDLE. Before I take it apart again...
  9. W

Front rotors TURNED BLUE!?

Also you may wanna try to use the engine to slow you down.:thumbsup:
  10. W

parking brake still doesnt work

I live in MA and I'm trying to get my truck to pass inspection. All I have left to fix is a hole in the cat and the parking brake. I've replaced everything in the PB system and it still doesnt work. The only parts I have not replaced is the levers and even though I worked them back and forth...
  11. W

Some first and second gen parts lying around.

Bumpin. Help me get this stuff to people who want it!
  12. W

For Sale 95/96/97 Explorer Custom Clear Tinted Tail-Lights

Not gonna be able to do it, at least not for a while. The mounty needs too much at the moment.
  13. W

For Sale 95/96/97 Explorer Custom Clear Tinted Tail-Lights

I migt be able to buy thse. Ill let you know in a couple of days.
  14. W

I'm not sure if shipping to Canada is going to be way more expensive then Us. Hopfully someone will chime in so I can give you an answer on that. Pm sent
  15. W

Selling a few random parts laying around in my garage. 91-94 Cruise Control Servo $30 Cruise control "computer" box sits behind the glove box. $20 Steering wheel center piece with horn and CC buttons(black) $20 Chilton's Ranger/Explorer/b2 repair manual. 15 Ford's officail repair manual...
  16. W

I think I'm missing spare tire hardware.

Just as I worried, the hook is gone.
  17. W

Joe it doesnt have the flat end. Both rods are square male and female on each end.
  18. W

My 97 mountie has these tire changing tools under the seat plus the Jack. I'm not sure but I think one of the pieces is wrong. I have the scrench for poping the wheel covers off and the lug nuts and turning the rod pieces but the problem seems to be that I have two rods, but with squares on...
  19. W

Leaf spring shackle bushing. NEED HELP ASAP!!!

I am currently having the same problem too D-: I'm going to see if I can borrow a friend's torch. I've tryed a crowbar and picklefork and neither have done the trick for me. If I cant borrow a torch I'm not sure what I'll do. I've actually got a thread of my own going on this subject.
  20. W

Replacing shackles, can't get the last bolt out

Someone put dual exhaust out the back of mine, so the tip is in the way of hitting it with the hammer well on that side. Besides, I'm removing the that piece that blocks you from hammering at the fender, so I bent it up out of the way. If I could borrow a torch, would that do the trick?
  21. W

Replacing shackles, can't get the last bolt out

I've got my brand new shackle in on the right side. The left has been fighting a little more however. I've got the old shackle out, there wasnt really much of one left to take out. I have the bolt and nut removed from the leaf spring aswell. I've also got the nut off of the frame...
Back