Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

How to: Remove and Replace your 2nd gen 1996 - 2001 Explorer V8 Radiator (with pics)

Thanks for the write up Joe Dirt! Step-by-step, great pictures, simple instructions :thumbsup: Google searching "explorer radiator 2nd gen" this was the first link I'm getting ready for this project by squirting my bolts (MN corrosion) Now I'll get at that ac line bracket a few days...
  2. S

Steering wheel wobble 2000 AWD

Rats. Was hoping to jest get 2 new tires in the front, if that was needed. That whole business of 65% power to the rear wheels, and 35% power to the front has me confused. Is it so precise? I spend time on a farm driving 4 wheel drive tractors, the rear tires are twice as big as the...
  3. S

That's just what it feels like, a bulged tire. So, the follow up question I know that The AWD need to have tires that match, or you risk damaging the front differential. Question is, do the front need to match the rear? I don't do mud. We have plenty of snow here in MN. At first I...
  4. S

My 2000 Mountaineer (5.0 AWD, 150k mi) has recently (This week) developed a shake up front. It does not make noise, there is no clunking, banging, whining, or grinding noise. While driving straight, on a clean road, the steering wheel wants to wiggle back and forth about an inch. I'm...
  5. S

5.0 AWD Starts when cold, not when hot...?

The filter has over 20k miles on it, probably lots more. Can a filter bring the fuel pressure down to 10 psi? I'll change the filter first (would have changed it last night if i didn't need a dumb tool). Can't/won't drop the tank, (Minnesota truck, limited garage space, roof is low...
  6. S

I was thinking of going the trapdoor route. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182160&page=4
  7. S

Yep, it's a fuel problem, I rode my bike to pick up a loaner pressure gauge, I'm getting 10 to 20 PSI I'll certainly replace the fuel filter, but, I'm probably looking at a fuel pump. Ya think a filter might be the cure? I may or may not have replaced the filter 20k miles ago (can't...
  8. S

Today I cleaned the idle air control sensor. Started fine when cold, drove for 15 miles then the truck started losing power, it gave up and quit six house away from mine. I will find/buy a fuel pressure gauge, and see where I am with fuel pressure. Shall I keep sharing here? seems like...
  9. S

I will add that this problem started right after helping another guy jump start his car... I was walking to my truck and the guy parked next to me got in his car (with his lights on) and only got the solenoid clicking. He asked me to for a jump, so I started up and drove around so the...
  10. S

2000 5.0 AWD Mountaineer. this issue popped up the other day, after driving around all day, I stopped at a store a mile from home, 20 minutes after stopping I get in and try to start her up. The engine barely starts, it's missing or not getting enough fuel, or something. I walked home...
  11. S

Solved Everything you wanted to know about PATS.

The blinking "theft" light is a theft deterrent. It uses a mixture of voodoo and witchcraft to scare the bad guys. Actually it just blinks every so often when the car is parked.
  12. S

I'm at my wit's end with this AC!!

jest cut that sucker open. You've been screwing with this thing for a while now, Your thread title states you are at your wits end. 1. grab a box cutter 2. hack open that plastic box 3. tape the blend door to the AC side 4. tape the box closed 5. enjoy your summer 6. if you get...
  13. S

Check the blend door. It's free. good luck. :banghead:
  14. S

Did you check the blend door yet??
  15. S

Your dad might be on to something. This post is a sticky here. 95-01 ford explorer blend door quick fix(5 mins) Do yourself a favor and check it out. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183742&highlight=blend+door
  16. S

new drive belt yields nasty squeal

Welcome to the forum! +1 Yeah that, Also, be sure the belt is positioned properly on all of the pulleys. I've heard belts that are one groove off that shriek like a banshee, I've also seen long belts that are a groove (or 2) off that sound normal.
  17. S

A/C can recharge with guage

I've used a similar hose with gauge on several cars. It has always worked well to top off the AC system. But, It doesn't do anything but add refrigerant. You should have asked about WHICH product to use in your vehicle. Stop-leak, Synthetic, Oils, dyes, "high performance", "high...
  18. S

Help Gas Pedal Stuck

Is the pedal stuck down the floor? OR Are you not able to depress the pedal? was the throttle cable disconnected, or damaged in any way? Did you have any issues or problems while replacing the spark plugs? Did you replace the wires? Did you disconnect, or disturb, the wires to any sensors...
  19. S

Broken Rear Hatch Door Handle

I've had luck opening a rear liftgate in the junkyard by removing the 2 lights over the license plate. then I used a long screwdriver to unlock it. this was last fall, I don't remember exactly why I couldn't open it. It was either locked, or one of the rods was loose, maybe a busted handle...
  20. S

Rebuilding it

without my tools, WUT??? no tools? I see you've posted here over 3000 times. no tools?:wtf::scratch:
  21. S

In Dire Need of Help!!!

Alright, I'm just trying to keep it simple. You said converter, not converters. does that 4.0 have only one? IDK mine has a handful of 'em. Plugs, wires, fuel pressure, air filter, The fuel pump was replaced a year ago?? It's making noise?? Aftermarket fuel pump?? Those 'lifetime...
  22. S

In Dire Need of Help!!!

clogged Catalytic converters? Can you disconnect the exhaust pipes at the manifolds and drive the truck to see the problem is exhaust restriction? Just taking a guess..
  23. S

A couple pics of my project.

please keep up the good work on this project. I love it.
  24. S

Lift gate woes.

AFAIK the lock can be locked and unlocked with either the power locks or the keyhole in the button. The liftgate door handle is under the nameplate, The glass is opened by pushing the keyhole button. If the door handle under the nameplate is missing, then you will undoubtedly have to remove...
Back