Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Gear Selector Cable Replacement

bluestream, are you referring to an auto-salvage yard? yes i had actually considered that as well. my major issue is i am unknowing as to whether there are any special tools required to pull this cable off, and replace it? i have looked all over the net for a graphical rendering, but not...
  2. T

Hello from South Carolina

great, i guess i will need to dig around and find that area. thanks for all the information. much appreciated. Regards, JMM
  3. T

thanks bud, just trying to figure out where i am supposed to post, i posted an inquiry, then was informed i was in the wrong generation. yeah dip sh*t me eh? i've no clue, so if you can fill me in on what generationX is on these fords, then i can be more in tune with what i am supposed to be...
  4. T

Gear selector won't work, transmission stuck in drive

mark, thanks man, sorry for being in the wrong place. i will move along and see if i can find where i belong. yes its not moving at the transmission at all. the cable is sliding in the sheath, but i will get down on the underneath and see if its moving at the selector on the trans. well...
  5. T

@Mark, thanks for the response. yes i was able to see the gear selector moving on the column, and watched the cable slide in and out of what appeared to be in its sheath. i am unable to find anything that will assist me in understanding how to go about replacing this. i didnt stare at it...
  6. T

i am looking for a graphical of how to do this. I looked in a chilton manual earlier today, and couldnt even find the flipping gear selector cable. i have called three parts stores, and this cable is not even carried, so the search is on, to even find one to replace. are there any special...
  7. T

Gear Selector Cable Replacement

I have purchased a 1995 Ford Ranger 4.0 from my father-in-law, the gear selector cable appears to be broken, because its slipping inside the sheath. I have called the major auto parts stores to no avail looking for this cable. I did find it on Amazon, or my brother did, but i consider that...
  8. T

stumbled across this site while looking for a gear selector cable for a 1995 Ford Ranger. Joined because i am picking up a Ford Ranger, and will most likely be needing the expertise that is on this forum. :rangerred:
Back