Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Factory 02 Explorer Sport Subwoofer - Specifics?

need an answer for which sub to buy to replace my sub.. 2002 eddie bauer explorer. stock amp stock enclosure. just subwoofer upgrade. thanks
  2. D

Another 2002 Explorer XLS Speaker Install HOWTO

replacing speakers !! STUPIDSCRIPT !!! that write up was awesome ! Thanks. it was an incredible help to replacing the stock speakers with my 6x8 Kicker68's. It seems to sound alot better !! now I have to replace the subwoofer. aftermarket stereo Jensen VM9224bt and i have the stock amp and...
  3. D

Can't adjust vent selection

did you ever find out? i replaceed the stereo and i think i may have jammed up the vent selector thing ut i dont know where it is? let me know.. thanks
  4. D

How to: Wire in Factory Sub to Aftermarket Stereo

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2874486855813&set=a.1192234600558.2030803.1069180793&type=1&ref=nf
  5. D

+5V Fixed-Voltage Regulator wiring help

5v voltage regulator for stock amp I am wanting to make my own voltage regulator because I just discovered that THERES A SUBWOOFER AND AMP !! in the back of my eddie bauer. I have the Jensen VM9224bt that I just installed and I can only assume that its gonna POP.. i dont know yet beacuse i...
  6. D

Is 03 Explorer Prewired for Radio controls on Steering Wheel?

hmm.. i dont know. what steering wheel controls do you have? and which stereo? what year and kind of explorer?
  7. D

Where's best place near dash to tap into 3rd Gen Reverse Signal Wire Black/Pink?

backup camera reverse wire ok.. theres alot of blk pink wires.. i tapped into a smaller one and it turned on the monitor jensen vm9224bt without going into reverse. ok.. thats not working.. so i tapped into a bigger black pink wire..same deal.. hmm.. now these wires were under the drivers side...
  8. D

Reverse Camera

02 explorer. i need the color wire for a reverse signal for my backup cam.. black and pink was constant which i found in the drivers kick panel.. any ideas?
  9. D

Where's best place near dash to tap into 3rd Gen Reverse Signal Wire Black/Pink?

I tried the black pink wire under the kick panel. its hot all the time. i need it to kick on in reverse only. i cant seem to find out what wire is reverse.... 02 explorer
  10. D

2004 4.0 Code P0302

p0302....i also have that/.. what did you find out? wat was the problem?
  11. D

did you find the wire for reverse? 02 explorer i also have to find the reverse wire for my backup camera. im going to ground the brake wire for the dvd. where is the reverse wire at? is it supposed to be hot or ground? I could maybe tap into the backup sensor switch
  12. D

New here... Service Engine Soon blinking

service engine soon light blinking service engine soon light and blinking has gone away (because i installed a new stereo) lol.. but it runs rough.. looks like a misfire maybe? p0302 and p0316 cylinder mis fire detected number 2 and crank sensor condition hopefully and im preying...
  13. D

Is 03 Explorer Prewired for Radio controls on Steering Wheel?

ok. hows it going? Three plugs right? 1 plug are speakers and power. the second plug (in my case) 02 explorer are two wires.. yellow and... grey?. when you hook up an aftermarket stereo with a steering wheel control module you only end up using the yellow a ground and power... whats the grey...
  14. D

New here... Service Engine Soon blinking

blinking service engine light hey guys, i just had my intake manifold replace due to coolant loss. One day later coming home from menards....Blinking Service engine light. It seemed to be running fine. Could it be that i need to reset the oil life? ug.. just spent $700 to get the manifold...
  15. D

4.6L V8 coolant loss

pressure test I know im a green horn and all but how d I do that? lol Do I rent that at autozone and does it come with instructions? I will google how to do it now. thanks. im quite a rookie at this
  16. D

4.6L V8 coolant loss

UG 02 v8 explorer eddie bauer coolant leak i am going down the where did my coolant go? road.. i see splattering on hoses under the v8 cover and small puddles in the spark plugs. oil seems clean. help.
  17. D

ABS light came on after hard stop

2002 explorer. My ABS light was on all the time.. apparently there are three sensors ..1 on each front and 1 on the rear differential pumpkin.. i was going to replace the sensor on the rear but then my front left hub bearing went out.. so if you hear some squeeking and rough grinding on one of...
  18. D

Have a 4.6L? Here's a problem I bet you all have...

Im glad its working out for everyone..... should have been a recall.. be sure to have your rear axel seals looked at to.. Pain in the butt to do ..and about 250$ to have it done but not good if they dry up..my eddie bauer is killing me but i like the truck.
  19. D

need to replace rear differential seals 2002

God help us all..... I have the same probllem rear axle differential seals leak.. i cant get the axles to pop put.. i called the tech at the dealership. he says i have to crack open the differential pumpkin to get the axles off from the inside out. is that right? if so.. screw it.. to the...
  20. D

Have a 4.6L? Here's a problem I bet you all have...

yup .. 02 x here.. 140 k miles. cable worn clean through to the copper.. i gotta climb under there and see what i can do.. plastic cover and tape....? and i probably will trim back the shield... Im gonna buy a new vehicle next.. guaranteed..wife says its gonna be a while though......lol
  21. D

Found* Starter harness worn through & Pic's

Did you fix it yourself? what should i do? the dealship charges WAY to much. but if I have to do that.. i will..
  22. D

Found* Starter harness worn through & Pic's

YES !!! The tech at the dealership (when i was getting my crank case seal fixed) found the wiring harness had worn through from a plastic shield.. CRAP ! its right through to the copper. it will be over $250 in labor alone to fix.. This sucks.. by the way...its an X ,02 ,140,000 .. Crank case...
  23. D

2002 Explorer with codes P0141 and P0161.

thanks !! just wanted and idea before i dove into it. no codes.. just got 140k and i think it may improve performance a bit. can i reach all 4 from underneath? their is 4 right? should i replace all of them?
  24. D

2002 Explorer with codes P0141 and P0161.

does anybpdy have a picture of where the o2 sensor is on 02 explorer v8
Back