Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

My 96 4x4 v6 just turned 229000. I bought her with 222000 and have only done routine maint and a fuel pump . Been a great truck so far :)
  2. B

reverse band broken???

Thanks for the quick replies y'all. That's what I was thinking. He is wanting to sell it to me for hardly nothing because of the tranny and I would like to have another x. Just cause I really love my 96 4x4 and think a 2wd which his is would be a good 3rd vehicle for me and the wife. But at the...
  3. B

reverse band broken???

Hello everyone. First off let me thank this board for helping me solve a tranny overheating problem I had on my own a while back. I've learned a lot from this forum and appreciate it. Now my question is a friend at work has a 1996 ohv v6 with 4r55e tranny. He lost reverse. His mechanic told him...
  4. B

tranny grinding

Thanks for the response. I drove her to and from work today without any probs so what ur saying could be very possible. The level looked good when I checked but I did add some lucas to it when I first bought the truck. Could that maybe make the dipstick look like there's more in there than...
  5. B

tranny grinding?

Hello everyone. I am new to the forum and would like to introduce myself. I bought a 96 xlt. Its a 4.0 ohv with auto trans. I've had the truck about a month now and have had no problems. Until yesterday that is. I was leaving the grocery store and after driving over a speed bump the tranny...
  6. B

tranny grinding

Hello all. I am new here to this forum and would first like to introduce myself. I just got a 96 xlt 4.0 automatic. I've had the truck for bout a month now and have had no problems. Untill yesterday that is. I was leaving the grocery store and just after going over a speed bump the tranny...
Back