Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Eletrical/Fuel Problem

Did you try putting the speaker box back in? Bob T
  2. R

Off topic question, stripped nut removal.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/wcsstore/CVWEB/staticproductimage//N3412/large/10051133_atc_ac678_pri_larg.jpg A nut splitter will work if you can get it in there. Bob T :us:
  3. R

04 Rough idle problem

I stand corrected. The 04 does not have an IAC. Sorry about that. :( Bob T :us:
  4. R

04 Rough idle problem

I believe the 2004 has an IAC (idle air control valve) . You didn't say if anything was done to that. Bob T :us:
  5. R

Po172

Well I think you got away pretty cheap. It could have been a lot worse. Glad you got it taken care of. Bob T :us:
  6. R

Po172

I am not the one that is having the problem. The OP already has it at the dealer. I know that they should be able to make a key. I was just making a comment. Bob T :us:
  7. R

Po172

It makes me wonder what they do if someone loses all there keys? Do they junk the car :eek: Bob T :us:
  8. R

Po172

It sounds like the dealer is not well educated? Bob T :us:
  9. R

Weak blowing Heat/AC

I had some metal like tape that they use on duct work. I made sure it was in the right position and reached in there and put several pieces around the edges. But there have been other members that has used wire and wire ties from the out side into the flap itself. Bob T :us:
  10. R

Weak blowing Heat/AC

https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316624&highlight=recirc+door
  11. R

Weak blowing Heat/AC

I was able to get to the door by taking out the blower motor and removing the screening that was above it. Then I could reach up inside and move the door around. Bob T :us:
  12. R

Weak blowing Heat/AC

Yep more than likely. Now if you want to do the repair properly you have to remove the dash. If ford does it I think it is something like $1500.00:eek: I was able the secure the door in the closed position so it only takes in outside air. I am sure someone will chime in with some...
  13. R

Weak blowing Heat/AC

The door that changes the air flow from outside air to inside air has a tendency to drop down over the intake of the fan motor. You will have to do a search, there are a lot of posts about the problem and several remedies. The door sits above the blower motor and if you drop the glove box...
  14. R

Can i tow a honda accord 94 with a 2002 4.0L 4wd Explorer?

The Honda accord weighs between 2880 and 3000 lbs. You would need a tow dolly and uhaul won't rent you one for the Explorer at least that is what I have been told. You probably have the smaller receiver also and I think that is rated for around 3500 lbs. Bob T
  15. R

Cluster Replacement and Odometer Reading

I would think that the only time it would be a problem is if you sold it and the mileage that you showed on the title was less than it was when you bought it. If they record the mileage at inspection then it might show. But if you show that you changed the cluster it should not be a...
  16. R

another stupid question

:banghead: OK got me on that one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bob T :us:
  17. R

another stupid question

Any pictures of what you are referring to ? Bob T :us:
  18. R

Question:2003 Ford Explorer

Where can you get the adapter ? Bob T
  19. R

O2 Sensor Fix

I would think an emissions test would still fail if the cat was bad. Just a thought. I also agree that it should be fixed the right way. There also could be damage to the engine. Just an old farts opinion. Bob T :us:
  20. R

Question:2003 Ford Explorer

I have a front hub coming from Detroit Axle and it will be here tomorrow. I hope I don't have a problem with it. Bob T :(
  21. R

2003 Ford Explorer Issues with Tranny

How long do you have to wait until it will move again after it stops? Do you have to wait for it to cool down? Can you turn it off and then back on and it will move? Also do you have a check engine light on? If you do , do you have any codes? Bob T
  22. R

Servo bore fix

^ ditto The manual is a must. Bob T :us:
  23. R

Caught in a flash flood. Water in engine.

Doesn't sound good. When water enters the combustion chamber and the engine is running it can break a piston for a connecting rod. Water can't be compressed so it is like a piston hitting a solid object. I would try and turn it by hand but if the starter won't turn it you probably won't be...
  24. R

Transmission Rebuild Problems on a 2005 Mountaineer 4.0

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=401665 How to line up the range selector. Bob T :us:
  25. R

Solved PATS key sucsess! Thanks Forscan

I just remembered that Walmart is selling keys and they program them also. So it is more than likely that there's is a computer type key machine. Bob T :us:
Back