Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Engine Fail Safe Mode

I thought and hoped that I was done with this thread, BUT, last Thursday I, again, had a return of this problem. We had to go to San Jose del Cabo to for an appointment and shortly after leaving our place the dreaded Engine Fail Safe Mode alert was displayed. I returned home and had the wife...
  2. F

Engine Fail Safe Mode

For those few who actually give a sh-t, here is the next and maybe final chapter. Today we were to "drive" our Explorer into San Jose del Cabo to a gringo mechanic with strong recommendations. Wife was to follow in our Toyota Sienna as we were expecting to have to leave the car, a 1.5 hr drive...
  3. F

Engine Fail Safe Mode

I crawled underneath the Explorer this afternoon with flashlight and reading glasses. Followed the vent line from the access door where gas cap is located and found that this line, about 3/4" od, connects to a black box, maybe 4"long, 2-3" wide and 2" deep. This box is located directly over the...
  4. F

Engine Fail Safe Mode

Yesterday I bought a new gas cap, as I was getting a warning about the gas cap being displayed, and a new fuel filter, just in case. Today the wife and I are going to work on the vent line and cannister suggestions as they seem to be the most likely cause. I just re read the entire thread on...
  5. F

Engine Fail Safe Mode

I have experienced the odd "EFSM" display but rarely with any change to the engine output BUT yesterday afternoon the problem got a lot worse. When I took my foot off the gas pedal the engine died. I also had difficulty getting the engine to start again. Several of these episodes taught...
  6. F

No Air Thru Vents

The Final Chapter! This afternoon I got enough ambition up to tackle this problem ONE MORE TIME. I had printed the short troubleshooting instructions along with the vacuum schematic that RRGONE posted above. I read it twice and had the wife read it as well. Since I had taken almost...
  7. F

Vacuum Help

I am starting a new thread from my previous "No Air Thru Vents" thread as I am narrowing the problem down. Here is my last post and afterwards my latest update: "Well, I finally started another effort into find why I am not getting any air out of my vents today. I took the vacuum reservoir...
  8. F

No Air Thru Vents

Well, I finally started another effort into find why I am not getting any air out of my vents today. I took the vacuum reservoir off, the T fitting out of it and examined carefully. No obvious problems. I tried to blow into the reservoir and couldn't, leading me to think that there is no leak...
  9. F

No Air Thru Vents

Thank you both for replies. I was initially happy that I got rid of the noise and all was working properly. With this no air out the vent started I have been putting off getting into it again. I will take your suggestions and give it a try in the next day or two. Being in the Mexican...
  10. F

No Air Thru Vents

I am Baaaack!! After a day or so of normal operation of my a/c and vent control, I am again without any air coming out of the vents!!! I should say with the exception of the little round louvered vents on each side of the dash panel and the main defroster vent. My a/c and heater appear to...
  11. F

No Air Thru Vents

2005 Explorer, I apologize for asking this question BUT both my wife and I have struggled thru reading ALL of the various posts on this topic, so, please bare with me as I explain what I have done. First was when the blower motor speed was selected to 3 or 4 I heard a "roaring" noise coming...
  12. F

Door AJAR Switch Replacement on 2002XLT

Both suggestions are good, but do I assume that I need to check ALL of the switch wiring for ALL doors? This problem only occurs while driving so how do you tell which door is the problem?? Sorry if I am a bit lame on this. FF
  13. F

Door AJAR Switch Replacement on 2002XLT

Thanks to all for this impressive thread. I, too, have been a WD-40 user with so, so results. I am hoping that somebody can tell me how to disable the door ajar alarm completely. I am more than willing to take responsibility for keeping my damn doors closed, grrrrrrrrr. Thanks for any help...
Back