Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

correct parts #'s 4.0sohc guides & tensioners with pics...

Hey guys, I'm I going to have to worry about this problem on my 07 ranger or did Ford fix this problem by then? I didn't read the whole thread so I' sorry if this has been covered.
  2. D

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

195K with only the last 5k or 6k put on by me. The power steering pump has been crying the whole time but I only drive it within 25 miles of home so haven't fixed it yet. Wish I had the money right now (unemployed) to fix it but need to hold on to what I have to survive.
  3. D

Wtf

The tip didn't come loose until I tapped it on the bench thank god. I thought the plug had just whiskered because there was some oily dirt acrossed the gap and was just trying to knock it loose. I have got to say that it's a genuine pain in the a## to change plugs in that vehicle. The plugs in...
  4. D

Wtf

That's guys, I've never posted pictures to a picture web site before or any non forum web site.
  5. D

Wtf

It's out of a OHV 4.0 and they had been in the motor for over 5K miles how much over I don't know as they were in the exploder when I bought it. The plug I replaced it with was the same reach. I've changed a lot of plugs in a lot of engines and I've never seen a center electrode break like that...
  6. D

97 4.0 - buying advice

Ya, I'd like to know myself. I have the 4.0 SOHC V-6 in my 07 Ranger 4X4 with 100K miles with NO problems.
  7. D

Wtf

Has anybody ever pulled a plug that look like this? http://s1282.photobucket.com/user/DesertSilver1/media/2013-04-07_17-34-38_738_zps550fb8bb.jpg.html I couldn't figure out how to post a picture on this site. I have no problems on the other forums I frequent.
Back