Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. I

2003 XLT "Jerks" When Accelerating

Do you have the towing package with the limited slip rear axle? If you have a open rear, you may be spinning one rear tire enough to engage/disengage the control-trac. I just found out the it can sense about a 1/10 of a revolution of slip of the rear tires before the front end engages in...
  2. I

Cracked EGR Tube?

I had the exact same ticking when cold problem with my '98 5.0 Mounty. I thought it was the manifold, but it got worse and worse until I could see the crack in the BACK SIDE of the tube where it was almost impossible to see. PIA to change, but not impossible. When the motor is cold...
  3. I

2002 problems

Re: 2002 problems, part throttle Great! This is what I have noticed on our 1 month old 2003 X. My wife called me from a trip she took to tell me that she was in traffic and moving very slow when she heard and felt a clunk (probably the trans shifting hard into gear). I have noticed how...
  4. I

2003 X Vs. '98 Mounty

I want to know what experience any of you have with the redesigned Explorer. I'm thinking of trading in our 5.0 AWD '98 Mountianeer for a new V8 4x4 2003 Explorer XLT. What major parts does the new Explorer share with the '98 Mounty? Transfer case, trans,....? How does the 4.7 V8 hold...
  5. I

Explorer shakes at 60mph

Add me to the list. I have a "cousin" of the X (mountineer). '98 5.0, AWD. When running at 50-60mph under light acceleration I notice a vibration that shakes the whole truck - not just throught the steering. If I let off the gas it goes away. So far I've rotated tires, replace a leaking...
Back