Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Gas Mileage

Hmm, I was wondering about that, but I figured this would be close. What's the point of the refill in your equation? Why not just gauge the miles on a fill up?
  2. R

Gas Mileage

When I posted this I was just a smidge under a 1/4 of a tank. Usually I would fill up then, but being eager to know my mileage, I hit the odometer and ran it till the gas light came on. I clocked 60 KM (I'm in Canada). At best, we bump it up to 70km for a full 4th of a tank and x 4 = 280km...
  3. R

Gas Mileage

I have a 2000 Explorer, 2 door (sport, but not sport trac?), 4WD, 6 cylinder, SOHC, automatic. I've had it for 2 years. My truck is using more fuel than it used to and I'd like to know what factors can cause that before taking it into a shop for diagnosis. I live in Toronto and only have...
  4. R

Smoke but not running hot

Uhhhhh.... Really dude? You're gonna pull **** like that out on a board like this? You must be hard up for some ####ing brownie points man. And no, I'm not ####ing Leary about driving my truck, I'm ####ing WEARY! Because I have exhausted all patience and tolerance in trying to figure out...
  5. R

any ideas on if this would make the CEL come on? Because it was on and I just had some exhaust manifold work done that I couldn't do myself (exhaust was leaking, running lean) and I undid the negative battery cable to get the light to go off a couple nights ago and it hasn't come back on...
  6. R

I just called my local dealer and my VIN didn't register under recall, so either it wasn't included or the service on it was already done with the original owners before me. I have a 2000 explorer sport and the online lists say 2001-2002 sports... That info definitely makes me weary to keep...
  7. R

whoa, really? My cruise control did mysteriously stop working recently.
  8. R

Thanks -- having names for them gives me some kind of research starting point to look into.
  9. R

Can anyone tell me what those two parts are right above the windshield fluid reserve?
  10. R

Okay, I'm going to say that it's more of an oily smell.
  11. R

Hmmm. All i can say is that it's definitely a smoke smell, not a steam smell. As for sweet smell vs. burnt oily ... I'm not sure. I'll pay more attention and report back tho.
  12. R

I have a 2000 Explorer Sport 4.0L SOHC. About a month ago I had to drive about 6 hours one-way and I knew it wasn't running well so I took it to my mechanic for a trip-check. He told me that the intake manifold gaskets need replacing and that some bolts were corroded on the exhaust manifold...
Back