Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. O

Intermittent alternator issue

Got an update guys. Pulled the alternator out, got it bench tested at the auto parts store... was only putting out 10.5 volts!! LOL. Needless to say I got a new alternator in and everything is working fine. My volt guage does not move and stays at a steady 13v~. Just to make sure I went ahead...
  2. O

Upon further investigation I found out my stereo deck lights were on... while the car was off. Most likely drained my battery all day and night sunday, since I didn't use my car at all sunday. Me and a buddy pulled the fuse in the dash and it was still lit. We had to pull the center console out...
  3. O

Overnight battery dead! Well guys! I woke up this morning to a dead battery! No lights on, nothing. I was super swamped this weekend with moving errands that I did not get a chance to pull the alternator. I noticed Saturday when I drove the car (about 15~ min), the battery light was on...
  4. O

Thanks for the help guys. Yeah it sounds like a bench test is the way to go for now. I'll report back once I get that done. You guys rock!!
  5. O

What I ment when I said getting by with the battery was the battery's condition. I didn't mean get by with the battery and no alternator lol. 1. If i rev the engine in park yes, the volt guage does move. 2. I haven't noticed when I'm braking that the volt guage moves. 3. The alternator...
  6. O

Hey guys need a little help here!!! I have a 96' Ford Explorer 6-cyl OHV (Not sure if thats XL or XLT, its got power seats?) that I've had for about 3 months. I'll get right to the issue. When I bought the car the guy told me the alternator was new and sure enough when I looked at it, it...
  7. O

first time explorer owner saying hi

Hi Guys, I just purchased a 97' Explorer XLT and I love it. First time explorer owner. Hello!
Back