Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Rough Idle, Missing, Pulling my hair out.

Okay. A side project to give me something else to focus on so I don't set fire to the truck in frustration. Any idea why the radio suddenly gets nothing but static? Could I have unplugged the antenna or something? Anything I can check?
  2. D

Okay, Does anyone know what the small capacitor-looking thing that is located on the Ignition Coil Bracket below the coil itself is? It's connected to the main wiring harness via a small gray box connector.
  3. D

A teardown and rering are beyond my financial abilities to hire someone and will take too much time for me to complete by the time winter will hit us.... Especially since my car is in the shop for a collision. So I am going to try and clean/check the flow on the injectors again. If they seem...
  4. D

Spark plugs are inconclusive. They look grayish. No codes at all from computer. When you say balance test, if you mean the GOOSE test during the KOER, then yes and I get no codes.
  5. D

Yep, tested the fuel pressure. Was good. Found a tiny bit of gas in the vacuum line from the FPR and replaced the FPR to prevent a problem. No change in the performance.
  6. D

Okay. Got a new vacuum gauge... thank you Harbor Freight and your rediculous return policy.... Anyways, still reading 19-20"hg with the occasional dip down 1/2 an inch whenever the engine decides to slow a bit. In side news, while I was shooting this video, the exhaust started to...
  7. D

There is no Cam Position Sensor where it should be, there is no evidence of an EGR system, and the Coolant Temp Sensor connector only works with a Sensor that Autozone has logged in for working for a 93.... the 94 sensor has a different plug. So I am assuming that the engine, and harness are...
  8. D

As I put in another post, based on a few sensors being different, I believe the engine is a left over from 93. There isn't any evidence of the EGR being removed, just simply not there. The ECT for example is a 93 model abd the 94 doesnt fit.
  9. D

It is installed, but what code would it throw? Perhaps I will remove it and see if there is a code produced. it may line the coffin of the PCM/icm.
  10. D

I have replaced the PCV. I should probably look at testing it regardless. I can post video, will try and do it tonight. Will need the wife's help. It is not a blockage in the Cat cause flow to the tail pipe seems excellent and the cat is brand new. I realize that it could be the icm or...
  11. D

Let me know if that shortening of the gap does anything. What were the top 3 things you were thining of? I don't mind redoing stuff to verify.
  12. D

BTW: I can only tell the miss when the truck has warmed up and the RPM's slow down to below 600. Even then I can only perceive a slight shudder of the motor, but if you lean your ear to the exhaust there is an inconsistent "cough" from the tailpipe. I mentioned the other major symptom of the...
  13. D

I definately didn't goose it, and the truck was stone cold when I started the test... Will do it again tomorrow to see if I can get the codes, if not it may be PCM/ICM time. Crap.
  14. D

If that 3/4 shift solenoid is only in an Automatic, I have a manual. And the connector is on a 2 inch leash from the main harness, so it would definately not reach the transmission. Well, I drove the truck last night for 15ish minutes and got codes 111.... its not my daily driver...
  15. D

Okay, Went and drove around for about 15 minutes. Pulled it back in and 111's all around. KOEO and KOER both 111's minus the time I didn't goose it and got the 538. One of the times I did the KOER I didnt slam my foot down during the Goose and got Code 167.
  16. D

Okay.... The Mystery black connector near the O2 sensor connectors has two wires going to it. It looks like there is an Orange wire with a yellow stripe and a Purple wire with a yellow stripe. Don't know if that gets us anywhere. Hooked everything back up, and unplugged...
  17. D

Code 543/556 Which I think are Fuel Relay/Pump codes may have something to do with my pulling the fuel relay to drain the fuel from the rail before I pulled the injectors. The Code 122 may be from me swapping TPS sensors. Have no idea what 998 is or why the CEL stayed on during the KOER test.
  18. D

Okay. Unplugged the MAF and the IAT, left the one O2 sensor unplugged and ran a KOER test first Here's what happen. Code 998 Code 113 Code 157 Repeat 998 Repeat 113 Repeat 157 Engine went to High/Low Speed.... initially trying to speed up, it initially stumbled and seemed like...
  19. D

I don't think my engine has a camshaft sensor.
  20. D

Getting 111's previously, but that was before I unplugged the one o2. On the back of my engine at the tail end of my harness are 4 connectors. Two for the o2's( they are white) 1 large white one for the tranny And the mystery black connector. Side question, on level ground in 4th...
  21. D

I believe they do. Am at work abd the truck is at home, but I remember driving at bight and am pretty sure the reverse lights work.
  22. D

Engine is not a transplant, just from some of the sensors the parts for a 93 match and a 94 do not. I have checked all the vacuum lines a dozen times, used half a dozen cans of carb cleaner trying to find a leak, and am getting ~20 inches of vacuum at the tree. That and on the tree, I only...
  23. D

Okay, After a year of spare time working on this truck, I'm at my wits end and ready to scrap it. 1994 Ranger 4.0 OHV (Has a leftover 93 engine in it, I think) Tests done: Tested MAF good Tested TPS good Tested Ignition Coil good Tested Fuel Pressure good Tested Compression fairly...
  24. D

92 Ford Ranger XLT t-case help

If I remember correctly, I believe the other plug is behind the dampener ( round probably rusted disk). You need to remove it to get to the second plug. Which I need to do as well, and I believe it IS Merc.
Back