Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

Brake lights

1999 explorer brake lights not working. Replaced the switch and the bulbs and still not working.
  2. W

Hard time starting.

I have a 99 explorer 4.0 ohv. Some times it won't start I'll have to wait for thirty minutes before it would start. And that is after it starts ok I'll turn it over and sometimes it won't start the first time but starts right up the second time. Yesterday I picked up my wife at work went to put...
  3. W

MAF sensor

Can a MAF sensor cause a engine to miss? 99 explorer 4.0 ohv. Other then plugs, wires and coil pack can cause an engine to miss and shake?
  4. W

Turn signal relay

I have a 99 explorer 4.0 ohv. Need to know where is the location of the turn signal relay.
  5. W

Replacing radiator

Oops yea auto and I guess I got 178,x.. bonus Mine is on the passenger side of the radiator.
  6. W

Replacing radiator

1999 4.0 ohv with 278,x.. miles. Going to replace the radiator so rockauto or is there another site to get a good one for a decent price.
  7. W

Grinding noise

Thanks it's a big relief.
  8. W

Grinding noise

AAHHGGGG took it to the midas nearby and it was the rear brakes. It sounded so much like it was coming from the front. But so glad it wasn't the front differential.
  9. W

Grinding noise

I did and it had fluids but I changed them anyways. Hope you are right and may be the half shafts.
  10. W

Grinding noise

Checked my front diff and it was dry took over a quart and a half to fill. I'm afraid it might be fried.
  11. W

Grinding noise

Just when breaking. But did have the clicking noise when turning and has a whining noise when driving. Going to put it up on all fours and see if I can find the noise.
  12. W

Grinding noise

I just put new pads rotors and new hub bearings on both sides and still makes noise.
  13. W

Grinding noise

1999 4x4 4.0 ohv. I thought it was the breaks but still has the grinding noise like when the pads are gone and scraping the rotor. Will the front bearings going out make the same sound?
  14. W

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

1999 4x4 4.0 ohv original engine and trans 270,721 miles.
  15. W

blown fuse

Never mind found it fixed it.
  16. W

blown fuse

I have a 1999 explorer 4.0 ohv 4x4 just did the instrument lights and put new battery cables. I blow a fuse somewhere need to know what fuse location for the interior lights and the window switch.
  17. W

Instrument cluster bulbs

Are the 194LL light the check engine light also?
  18. W

Instrument cluster bulbs

I'm taking the instrument cluster out of my 1999 explorer. I need to replace a few of the bulbs like the fuel gauge and check engine light. So might as well replace them all. Does anyone know what kind and how many I need? Or do I just pull them and count. Would like to have them on hand while...
  19. W

Battery Cables

Thanks. Also what gauge wire should I use for the positive and negative cable?
  20. W

Battery Cables

Do you need to solder those?
  21. W

throttle body

Would bad battery cables cause my problem?
  22. W

Battery Cables

I have a 1999 explorer 4x4 4.0 ohv. I need to get new battery cables for it. Where would I need to go to get some made cause of the positive has two leads and I don't like the stock replacement terminal posts. What type of shop would I need to go to? I was thinking an car audio shop.
  23. W

throttle body

Lets see if I can explain this. Where the throttle cable connects to the throttle body I can feel a little play in it. It has a little bit of a play before it starts to move the throttle plate. It will idle at first then it starts to lower the rpm's and then stall. Otherwise it drives fine and I...
  24. W

throttle body

And if anybody knows on how I can rebuild one that be great.
  25. W

throttle body

1999 explorer 4.0 ohv
Back